Pipeline Memory Issues

ddesc...@fitbit.com

May 17, 2017, 9:21:42 PM5/17/17
to Jenkins Users
We have a Jenkins server that runs a pipeline, loads a GIT repo, and then loads other custom groovy scripts that contain more pipeline commands from that repo. After a day or so we end up with 100s of thousands of loaded classes on the server. This amount then stays static for several days or a week. For that week, GC seems to chug away, then there is a three-hour window where memory creeps up, and GC starts spinning really hard. The server never OOMs, just becomes unresponsive.

- I've seen advice on turning this on, but we actually upgraded to groovy 2.4.8, so I think it's moot: groovy.use.classvalue
- We've experimented with G1GC, and CMS

Java -> 1.8
Groovy -> 2.4.8
Jenkins -> 2.7.1