Build error: Spotbugs not found

Alex Reds

Mar 21, 2020, 9:57:14 AM3/21/20
to Jenkins Users
Hi everyone,

I would like to contribute to the Jenkins open-source project but I got stucked quite early.

When I try to build the project, I get this error:

 [ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.github.spotbugs:spotbugs-maven-plugin:3.1.12.2:spotbugs (spotbugs) on project jenkins-parent: Execution spotbugs
of goal com.github.spotbugs:spotbugs-maven-plugin:3.1.12.2:spotbugs failed: Plugin com.github.spotbugs:spotbugs-maven-plugin:3.1.12.2 or one of it
s dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact com.sun:tools:jar:1.8.0 at specified path C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_241/../lib/t
ools.jar

Can you please help me?

Mark Waite

Mar 21, 2020, 11:14:26 AM3/21/20
to Jenkins Users
The message refers to a Java runtime environment path (jre1.8.0_241).  The Java 8 runtime environment does not include the necessary tools for development.  You need the Java Development Kit (JDK).