Jenkins 2.24: Question about scm code change condition during build execution

Teichner Peter

Oct 18, 2016, 5:22:35 AM10/18/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

I’m trying to find the right solution for using a conditional multiple build step depending if there was a code change. I have seen a solution by checking ROOT_BUILD_CAUSE but that might be unreliable as the execution could be manually triggered but there could still be code change. I need this so I wont build the software unless there was an actual change in the code change. Thanks in advance.

Rachel

Oct 18, 2016, 3:28:00 PM10/18/16
to Jenkins Users, peter.t...@nagra.com
Hi Teichner,

I don't know if I've understood you correctly, but I usually configure my jobs with:
  • Build Triggers > Poll SCM
With this option you specify when you want to check your SCM (e.g. hourly, every 2 hours, ...) and a new build is executed only if changes are detected from the last build. Is that you're looking for?

Best regards,
Rachel

Teichner Peter

Oct 18, 2016, 4:19:46 PM10/18/16
to Rachel, Jenkins Users

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your answer. No that's not it. I'm running a pipeline but it could be manual execution as well and basically I want the ability the say my shell script is conditional and should only run if there was a change in the source. Regardless of how the build was triggered.

Thanks,
Peter

Get Outlook for Android