jenkins is very slow after a long time running

stanle...@servicemax.com

Aug 4, 2017, 8:04:19 AM8/4/17
to Jenkins Users
Hello, all

Recently, we meet this issue again and again.

After some time, the jenkins becomes very very slow to open, but from backend , it's still working.

And I see there are many light process related to jenkins, last time when it happens, I see there are about 1K

ps -efL | grep jenkins

Is it the reason to make jenkins slow?

Anyone meet this problem as well? What configuration should be applied to avoid this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Baptiste Mathus

Aug 5, 2017, 8:51:26 AM8/5/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
There can be dozens of for this, you need to provide more details. Is this system healthy, or does it swap, do you not build on master like recommended, or is there builds running there that could affect the server system? Is the JVM memory ok, or not (GC logging). What is your master doing (thread dump).

My 2 cents