Confused about svn checkout with externals in declarative pipeline

David Aldrich

Mar 6, 2018, 6:50:24 AM3/6/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I have a declarative pipeline that is to checkout a Subversion project and build it (on Windows with msbuild).

Until now, I have specified the checkout solely in the project’s configuration page i.e. using the GUI.  However, the project has changed and now uses svn externals. I specified ‘Additional Credentials’ in the configuration page but the externals are not appearing in the checkout on the slave (they do appear if I do a similar thing with a conventional i.e. non-pipeline Jenkins job).  So I am guessing that I need to do an explicit checkout in the declarative script.  So I have:

stage('myProj') {

    agent { label "mySlave" }

    steps {

        checkout([$class: 'SubversionSCM',

        additionalCredentials: [[credentialsId: 'snip', realm: 'snip']],

        excludedCommitMessages: '',

        excludedRegions: '',

        excludedRevprop: '',

        excludedUsers: '',

        filterChangelog: false,

        ignoreDirPropChanges: false,

        includedRegions: '',

        locations: [[credentialsId: 'snip', depthOption: 'infinity', ignoreExternalsOption: true, local: '.', remote: 'snip']],

        quietOperation: true,

        workspaceUpdater: [$class: 'UpdateUpdater']])

        bat '''

            call "%VSMSBUILDCMD%"

            msbuild %WORKSPACE%\\MSVC\\myProj.sln

        '''

    }

}

Jenkins seems to checkout the project to the slave, then delete the checkout and do it again.

Am I doing this right?

Best regards

David

David Aldrich

Mar 6, 2018, 8:19:24 AM3/6/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hi

This is fixed. The GUI configuration was sufficient but I wrongly had the ‘ignore externals’ option checked.

Best regards

David