warning about deprecated protocols

Masaru Tsuchiyama

Sep 8, 2017, 7:39:48 PM9/8/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello

The recent version of Jenkin shows the following warning.
But I don't know how to disable the deprecated protocols.

This Jenkins instance uses deprecated protocols:
JNLP-connect,JNLP2-connect. It may impact stability of the instance. If
newer protocol versions are supported by all system components (agents,
CLI and other clients), it is highly recommended to disable the
deprecated protocols.

Does anyone know that?

--
Masaru Tsuchiyama <m.tm...@gmail.com>

Daniel Beck

Sep 8, 2017, 9:02:47 PM9/8/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 9. Sep 2017, at 01:39, Masaru Tsuchiyama <m.tm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This Jenkins instance uses deprecated protocols: JNLP-connect,JNLP2-connect. It may impact stability of the instance. If newer protocol versions are supported by all system components (agents, CLI and other clients), it is highly recommended to disable the deprecated protocols.

https://yourjenkins/configureSecurity URL, near the top, hidden behind an 'Advanced' type button.

Masaru Tsuchiyama

Sep 9, 2017, 12:05:21 AM9/9/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, Daniel Beck
Hello

Thank you for the replay.
But I couldn't find 'Advanced' type button.

Could you tell me where it is?

I attached the screenshots of the URL.

Regards.
jenkins.png
jenkins2.png
jenkins3.png

Daniel Beck

Sep 9, 2017, 1:44:14 PM9/9/17
to Masaru Tsuchiyama, jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 9. Sep 2017, at 06:04, Masaru Tsuchiyama <m.tm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Could you tell me where it is?

Labeled 'Agent protocols…'.

Oleg Nenashev

Sep 9, 2017, 7:25:45 PM9/9/17
to Jenkins Users
I have created JENKINS-46760 and https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/3012 to disable this administrative monitor when the TCP Agent Listener is disabled. As Daniel pointed out above, in the current instance the protocols should be just disabled in Web UI.

Masaru Tsuchiyama

Sep 9, 2017, 7:25:47 PM9/9/17
to Daniel Beck, jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Thank you for the answer.

I was able to disable the deprecated protocols successfuly.
The warning disappeared.

I think the warning should mention that users need to press
'Agent Protocols...' button to do that.
--
Masaru Tsuchiyama <m.tm...@gmail.com>
jenkins4.png