Build periodically not working in Jenkins v2.92

arunlakhanpal

Dec 19, 2017, 6:22:00 PM12/19/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

The build periodically functionality of jenkins in our environment stopped
working randomly about a month back (v2.62), after trying multiple reboots,
writing jobs again from scratch etc. hacks with no luck at fixing the issue,
I decided to upgrade jenkins to 2.92, the upgrade though successful, did not
help fix the issue. However, I just took a clone of the server a couple of
days back, and weirdly the clone has the same functionality working just
fine, while the original jenkins server still has it broken.

Please share views/advise on the same to help me fix this.

Many Thanks.

Arun

--
Sent from: http://jenkins-ci.361315.n4.nabble.com/Jenkins-users-f361316.html

Daniel Beck

Dec 19, 2017, 6:33:02 PM12/19/17
to Jenkins Users

> On 19. Dec 2017, at 23:46, arunlakhanpal <arunlak...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Please share views/advise on the same to help me fix this.

Check the /threadDump URL for timer/trigger related threads being busy, as well as the Jenkins log for errors related to timers/triggers.

arunlakhanpal

Dec 20, 2017, 7:56:52 AM12/20/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the insight Daniel.

I did look into the thread dump but did not find anything that tells me
much. Sharing the extract I got from my jenkins server thread dump, which
might/might not be useful.

JmDNS(<servername>).State.Timer
"JmDNS(<servername>).State.Timer" Id=469 Group=main TIMED_WAITING on
java.util.TaskQueue@34c4afe1
at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
- waiting on java.util.TaskQueue@34c4afe1

JmDNS(akvcbujenkins01-bravurasolutions-local.local.).Timer
"JmDNS(akvcbujenkins01-bravurasolutions-local.local.).Timer" Id=468
Group=main TIMED_WAITING on java.util.TaskQueue@5bfeae9a
at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
- waiting on java.util.TaskQueue@5bfeae9a

sshd-SshServer[257b0d72]-timer-thread-1
"sshd-SshServer[257b0d72]-timer-thread-1" Id=459 Group=main TIMED_WAITING on
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject@5a3a3987
at sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
- waiting on
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject@5a3a3987
at java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.parkNanos(LockSupport.java:215)
at
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.awaitNanos(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:2078)
at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$DelayedWorkQueue.take(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:1093)
at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$DelayedWorkQueue.take(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:809)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.getTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1067)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1127)
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Keep-Alive-Timer
"Keep-Alive-Timer" Id=2725558 Group=system TIMED_WAITING
at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)
at sun.net.www.http.KeepAliveCache.run(KeepAliveCache.java:172)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Does this point to anything?

Daniel Beck

Dec 20, 2017, 8:42:34 AM12/20/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 20. Dec 2017, at 02:14, arunlakhanpal <arunlak...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Does this point to anything?

Those don't look like anything is wrong. That's from the server that doesn't start jobs on schedule?