multibranch pipeline will not poll

Travis Camechis

Mar 9, 2017, 9:53:48 AM3/9/17
to Jenkins Users
Hey guys,

I have a multibranch pipeline defined but it will not poll.  It is set up like such

node {

  git poll: true, url: 'ssh://.........'

  stage("build") {
    checkout scm
  }

Any suggestions on why this would not poll ?  Also how do you tell it how often ?

Thanks

Christopher Orr

Mar 10, 2017, 9:55:49 PM3/10/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
You should preferably be using Git webhooks to tell Jenkins when there
has been a change:
https://plugins.jenkins.io/git#GitPlugin-Pushnotificationfromrepository

But you can additionally tell Jenkins to regularly re-scan the
repository for new branches, by using the "periodically if not otherwise
run" option:
https://jenkins.io/doc/book/pipeline/multibranch/#creating-a-multibranch-pipeline

Regards,
Chris

Ferran Pujol Camins

Apr 18, 2017, 11:38:06 AM4/18/17
to Jenkins Users
Hello,

I've setup a Multibranch Pipeline that works correctly when manually launched with Scan Multibranch Pipeline Now.

I have checked the Periodically if otherwise not run checkbox under Scan Multibranch Pipeline Triggers and set the interval to 1 minute. However, nothing happens. The scan is not re-triggered even though I have made commits and created new branches.

Also, there's nothing logged in Multibranch Pipeline Events.

Is this a bug? Is there something I am missing?

Best regards, Ferran.

El dissabte, 11 març de 2017 3:55:49 UTC+1, Christopher Orr va escriure:

Stephen Connolly

Apr 18, 2017, 1:31:21 PM4/18/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Your aim should be to set it to 8h or daily and have push notification trigger builds.

Sent from my phone

Ferran Pujol Camins

Apr 19, 2017, 1:29:44 AM4/19/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Stephen.

Sure that's the goal, however, I run Jenkins locally on my laptop by now, so I can't configure my git server to send notifications to a specific ip. I wanted to try polling until I install Jenkins to our server.

So I keep wondering why polling does not re-trigger the scan.

Sent from my phone

Knurek

Apr 19, 2017, 5:17:49 AM4/19/17
to Jenkins Users
without having the webhook, try changing the setting in the config:

Sent from my phone

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 11.12.16 AM.png