Big artifact management

Emanuele Russo

Aug 27, 2020, 8:28:53 AM8/27/20
to Jenkins Users
Hello,

As stated here default 'archiveartifact' command is not efficient for large files.
We used to store our builds that way ( > 6 GB ) but since we started using nodes instead of building on the master, the archiving became the bottleneck.

I think I should move to another archiving system, but Artifact deployer plugin, that looked promising, apparently doesn't work with pipeline , only with Freestyle projects.

I may implement a simple SCP command to store the artifact, it would be super fast,
but then I'll have to manually delete discarded builds. How would you implement that logic? I'd like to have it the more seamless as possibile.

Do you know other plugins who might help ?

Thanks