Is there a way how to use template from email extension template plugin(emailexttemplates) in pipeline?

zakyn

Jul 9, 2019, 8:16:01 AM7/9/19
to Jenkins Users
Hello,

we are using the email extension template plugin (https://plugins.jenkins.io/emailext-template) where we can define different email templates and then send them.

Is there a way how we could use it in pipeline please (select predefined template and send emails)?

Thank you.

Vladimir

Slide

Jul 9, 2019, 10:30:30 AM7/9/19
to Jenkins User Mailing List
There is not currently a way to do this.

Vladimir Zak

Jul 9, 2019, 10:52:02 AM7/9/19
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi, thanks.

Is there a way to have a email templates in files and then using some scripting to fill emailext pipeline steps with the predefined body, subject, recepients,...

Thanks

Vladimir

Ivan Fernandez Calvo

Jul 13, 2019, 6:39:15 AM7/13/19
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

We've had the similar requirement, finally, we use a groovy template and a custom step from our shared pipeline library to make the thing, we got the idea from this nice article Prettifying Jenkins’ email notifications