Unable to launch a browser

Ajith Raman

Aug 6, 2018, 8:37:26 AM8/6/18
to Jenkins Users
Hello All,

I try to launch a browser via Jenkins. Unfortunately, it doesn't works (But the build succeeds).

Please find below the command used:

Build (Execute Windows Batch Command):
start chrome "www.google.com"

Could someone help me on this?

Regards,
Ajith

Jan Monterrubio

Aug 7, 2018, 12:33:30 AM8/7/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Does the agent have X11 or any sort of graphical input? If not could you use something like selenium to start the browser in headless mode?

suja...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2018, 1:25:53 AM8/7/18
to Jenkins Users
Try to run Jenkins from the command line and start browser

cd "C:\Program Files\Jenkins" && java -jar jenkins.war

Ajith Raman

Aug 8, 2018, 6:13:17 AM8/8/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi Suja,

Thanks for the response. I tried your step as well.

Browser still doesn't opens.

Is any plug-in being missed here?

Regards,
Ajith

Ajith Raman

Aug 8, 2018, 7:59:26 AM8/8/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi Jan,

My requirement is something like this:

1. Login to Jenkins.

2. Execute a Jmeter test using the below commands:

    cd C:\Users\C51539A\Downloads\apache-jmeter-4.0\bin
    jmeter -Jjmeter.save.saveservice.output_format=csv -n -t Sample_Framework.jmx -l TestResults_%JOB_NAME%-%BUILD_NUMBER%.jtl -e -o
    C:\Users\C51539A\Downloads\apache-jmeter-4.0\bin\HTML_%JOB_NAME%-%BUILD_NUMBER%

3. Launch Grafana during the execution (This is where my concern is).

Could you please help me on this? Appreciate your support.

Regards,
Ajith

Ajith Raman

Aug 10, 2018, 7:19:54 AM8/10/18
to Jenkins Users
Hello All,

Could someone help me on this?

Regards,
Ajith

suja...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2018, 6:44:29 AM8/13/18
to Jenkins Users
Have you tried installing ChromeDriver plugin?

Ajith Raman

Aug 13, 2018, 9:08:06 AM8/13/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi Suja,