XML Job to DSL Job Plugin for Multibranch Pipeline

Sverre Moe

Mar 22, 2021, 5:29:37 AM3/22/21
to Jenkins Users
I have tried out the XML Job to DSL Job Plugin.

It lists all single Pipeline jobs under a Multibranch Pipeline job.
It does not seem to be able to export the Multibranch Pipeline Job.

The DSL Job Plugin does seem to support Multibranch Pipeline jobs.

There is no open issues to suggest this is a bug, or missing feature.

Ivan Fernandez Calvo

Mar 22, 2021, 5:29:26 PM3/22/21
to Jenkins Users
I have tested that plugin a couple of months ago, it works for simple jobs (freestyle, pipelines, ...) but I did not find a way to make it work with multibranch pipelines. Also, the support of JobDSL for multibranch pipelines is limited after 1.74, it is not possible to use configure blocks to configure the pull request discovery (see https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-63788)

Sverre Moe

Mar 23, 2021, 6:11:30 AM3/23/21
to Jenkins Users
Shame. I like Configuration by Code. We use mainly only Multibranch Pipeline.
It is the one of the major things I think Jenkins is lacking. It has Configuration by Code for Jenkins Configuration, but limited for Job Configuration, supported by this plugin.

Sverre Moe

Mar 23, 2021, 6:15:45 AM3/23/21
to Jenkins Users
I will check out the Job DSL Documentation and try my luck to write the configuration my self.
I had hope this XML Job to Job DSL would help me save some time.

    multibranchPipelineJob("my_awesome_job") {

kuisathaverat

Mar 23, 2021, 7:01:17 AM3/23/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I have an example of Multibranch pipeline job with jobDSL https://github.com/elastic/apm-pipeline-library/blob/master/.ci/jobDSL/jobs/apm-ci/apm-shared/oblt-test-env/test_mbp.groovy it could help you to save some time.