Pipeline script from SCM loses ownership

jeankst

Apr 13, 2017, 7:15:49 AM4/13/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi all,

We have pipeline jobs configured to use a script from GIT.
Those jobs ownership are lost each time they are built.
  1. create a Pipeline job with definition being pipeline from SCM
  2. save
  3. set ownership (if not set automatically to job creator)
  4. build
  5. notice that ownership no more set
This happens whatever the "Ownership management policy on job modifications" option is set to (Do not assign ownership or Assign job creators as owners)

Setup:
  • Jenkins 2.53
  • Job and Node ownership plugin 0.9.1
Anybody faced this issue? or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jean.

jeankst

Apr 19, 2017, 5:20:21 AM4/19/17
to Jenkins Users
To answer my own question:
I was using properties - I thought it was updating properties as stated here
But as it was in a pipeline job (not multibranch) so all job properties got lost:

WARNING: The properties step will remove all JobPropertys currently configured in this job, either from the UI or from an earlier properties step.