Clickable link in console ESC[8mha

Khomyuk Viktor

Oct 16, 2017, 8:22:34 PM10/16/17
to Jenkins Users

​Hi. I see that jenkins can create clickable links to internal elements (like jobs or users) in console output/ Thi link are started with ESC[8mha:////4BxV1Bv...

Is it possible to create such link manually (by echo) from job?

Daniel Beck

Oct 17, 2017, 4:39:51 AM10/17/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 17. Oct 2017, at 02:22, Khomyuk Viktor <v.kh...@2Gis.ru> wrote:
>
> Is it possible to create such link manually (by echo) from job?

In theory, yes, but not easily since we fixed https://jenkins.io/security/advisory/2017-02-01/#persisted-cross-site-scripting-vulnerability-in-console-notes

Khomyuk Viktor

Oct 25, 2017, 4:22:07 AM10/25/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Hi! I see that console tah clickable link to jenkins jobs/users/etc. This links starts with esc sequence ESC[8mha .

Is it possible to print (echo) that links from shell step ?

I`m talking not about http:// links

Daniel Beck

Oct 28, 2017, 5:38:19 AM10/28/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 25. Oct 2017, at 10:21, Khomyuk Viktor <v.kh...@2Gis.ru> wrote:
>
> Hi! I see that console tah clickable link to jenkins jobs/users/etc. This links starts with esc sequence ESC[8mha .
> Is it possible to print (echo) that links from shell step ?

It's a serialized Java object, so, not easily (i.e. you'll need to write a decoder yourself or reuse Jenkins's somehow for this).