JAMS in meetup account disappearing

Tracy Miranda

Jan 6, 2020, 3:01:59 PM1/6/20
to Jenkins Area Meetup Coordination
Hi all,

We had folks asking about some Jenkins Area Meetups that seem to have been deleted.

A few (15) meetups were planned for removal after having been non active for a while and with no response after organizers were contacted (This is part of our now regular and ongoing maintenance of meetup groups that CD.Foundation will do). Something seems to have gone wrong and many more meetups were deleted by our account rep. CDF/Meetup are working on restoring the meetups so please bear with us.

The meetups that are planned for removal (they have been inactive for >500 days) are:
New York JAM
Chennai JAM
Chicago JAM
Cologne JAM
Jenkins Oslo
Jenkins Bangalore
Milano Jenkins Area Meetup
Madrid Jenkins Area Meetup
Belarus Jenkins Meetup
Atlanta USA CI/CD CDF Meetup
Melbourne JAM
Boulder JAM
Hamburg JAM
Seville JAM
Budapest JAM

If there is one on the list you think should not be there or perhaps you would like to salvage and take ownership of it and run a meetup in the next 3 months, please let me know as soon as you can.

Regards,
Tracy

Alyssa Tong

Jan 10, 2020, 3:06:59 PM1/10/20
to Tracy Miranda, Jenkins Dev, Jenkins Area Meetup Coordination
+Jenkins Dev to the communication.

Hi All,

A brief update on this matter. We are continuing to work on this - we are are working with meetup.com and CDF to re-instate the deleted JAMs and will provide follow up communications with the affected JAMs accordingly.

With the transition of JAMs to CDF, we are also looking to make changes to the JAM process which will be discussed at the next governance meeting.

BR,
alyssa