Jenkinsfile: how to make it install a tool for tests?

Martin Weber

Nov 26, 2017, 11:06:19 AM11/26/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I recently added a Jenkinsfile to build my plugin.

Now, when https://ci.jenkins.io runs the build, most of the tests fail, since
these required to have cmake installed.

How can I tell https://ci.jenkins.io to install cmake in my jenkinsfile?
Or is there a way to disable tests, when the plugin is build by ci.jenkins.io?

Plugin ID: cmakebuilder

TIA,
Martin

--
Cd wrttn wtht vwls s mch trsr.

Daniel Beck

Nov 26, 2017, 11:19:22 AM11/26/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 26. Nov 2017, at 17:06, Martin Weber <fifteen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I recently added a Jenkinsfile to build my plugin.
>
> Now, when https://ci.jenkins.io runs the build, most of the tests fail, since
> these required to have cmake installed.
>
> How can I tell https://ci.jenkins.io to install cmake in my jenkinsfile?
> Or is there a way to disable tests, when the plugin is build by ci.jenkins.io?
>
> Plugin ID: cmakebuilder

Probably best asked on the infra list, or filed as INFRA issue -- not sure Tyler reads all dev list threads.

Oleg Nenashev

Nov 26, 2017, 11:44:44 AM11/26/17
to Jenkins Developers
My suggestion would be to create a custom Jenkinsfile which runs the test in a container with cmake and other tools you need.
But yes, this approach needs to be verified by the Jenkins Infra team.

Best regards,
Oleg