[Adopt a plugin] - vsphere-cloud

Peter Darton

Jul 21, 2017, 11:53:58 AM7/21/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi folks,

The vsphere-cloud plugin has a number of outstanding PRs, some of them from early this year.
The only plugin owner with commit access (Jason) no longer has the time/resources to continue working on the plugin (or access to the resources required to test it) and is on record saying that he would like someone else to take over (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/jenkinsci-dev/gowLQQXBUec/CgGZ-hQvBQAJ).
I was discussing a takeover with the other plugin maintainer (Eric, who does not have commit access at present) when Jason said he was trying to hand over commit-access to us (https://github.com/jenkinsci/vsphere-cloud-plugin/pull/76#issuecomment-313497218) ... but as there's no sign of further activity on that front it would appear that this process has stalled.
I would like to get that process (re?)started so we can get this sorted.

I understand (from https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Adopt+a+Plugin) that you need github and jenkins-infrastructure IDs to grant people commit access...
 - My github ID is "pjdarton", and my Jenkins-infrastructure ID is also "pjdarton".
 - Eric's github ID is "elordahl" and I believe that his Jenkins-infrastructure ID is the same (https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=elordahl).

Please can you grant us both commit-access to the vsphere-cloud plugin?

We could then work on clearing the backlog of PRs...

Regards,

  Peter

Jason Swager

Jul 21, 2017, 8:48:23 PM7/21/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

I am the current owner of the vsphere-cloud plugin.  And I very much approve and endorse this request; please approve it  My github id is "jswager", my Jenkins ID is "jswager1"

I've been looking for new owners to adopt this plugin due to my own lack of time and resources to dedicate to this project.  Peter and Eric have graciously volunteered to adopt it.

Thank you,
Jason

Oleg Nenashev

Jul 24, 2017, 8:08:58 AM7/24/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

Commit access is granted, thanks for your work on this plugin!
Please let me know if you want to change the default assignee in JIRA as well.

BR, Oleg

Jason Swager

Jul 24, 2017, 10:17:49 AM7/24/17
to Jenkins Developers
Yes please, can you change the default assignee too.

Oleg Nenashev

Jul 24, 2017, 10:38:55 AM7/24/17
to JenkinsCI Developers
Hi Peter and Eric,

Who does want to be a default assignee?
Unfortunately I can set only a single person (but you can setup JIRA notification rules even if you are not the maintainer).

BR, Oleg

Peter Darton

Jul 28, 2017, 7:58:07 AM7/28/17
to Jenkins Developers
I would prefer *NOT* to be the default assignee.
My involvement on this (and other) plugins tends to be "on and off".  When my (commercial) needs require my employer to use a Jenkins plugin that needs some enhancement, I'll search all known issues in JIRA and attempt to fix any that I can; at all other times my employer would much prefer that I ignored Jenkins and got on with more pressing (non-Jenkins) issues :-)
i.e. when I'm working on Jenkins, I don't need to be a default assignee to end up working on something, and when I'm not working on Jenkins I don't want to be the default.

Regards,
  Peter

Oleg Nenashev

Jul 28, 2017, 9:53:21 AM7/28/17
to Jenkins Developers
Ack. If nobody wants to be a default assignee, I can just remove it.