GSoC 2020 - Jenkins Custom Distribution Service Project Announcement

Sladyn Nunes

May 13, 2020, 2:29:21 AM5/13/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hello everyone,
This post would like to introduce everyone to the Jenkins Custom Distribution Service Project which was selected for Google Summer of Code 2020 for the upcoming summer and is also an opportunity to get introduced to potential stakeholders. This project had quite some traction during the idea discussion phase and this post aims to invite interested individuals to contribute and discuss.

Team
Student: Sladyn Nunes
Mentor: 赵晓杰(Rick)
Mentor: Jeff Pearce
Mentor: Kristin Whetstone

Main Idea:
The main idea behind the project is to build a customizable Jenkins distribution service that could be used to build tailor-made jenkins distributions. The service would provide users with a simple interface to select the configurations they want to build the instance with eg: plugins, authorization matrices etc. Furthermore it would include a section for sharing community created distros so that users can find and download already built jenkins war/configuration files to use out of the box.
Further details of the project are provided here.

Meetings:
Office hours are scheduled every Tuesday at 13:00 UTC, and every Thursday at 12:00 UTC The meeting notes available for anyone to read.
Feel Free to join this meeting. Everyone is welcome.

Communication Channel:
This is the link for the gitter chat. Feel free to jump in if you have any questions, doubts, queries, or even if you want to just say Hi and have a chat.

Thanks.

Rick

May 13, 2020, 11:31:02 AM5/13/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Jenkins Developers, Oleg Nenashev
Hi Sladyn,

Thanks for a good start.

Sladyn Nunes

May 30, 2020, 9:35:53 AM5/30/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,
We have approached the end of the community bonding period for GSoC 2020 and I have spent most of my time preparing a prototype of the service that I will be demoing via an online meetup on Monday (12:00 PM to 1:00 PM GMT+1). Details for the meetup are here. https://www.meetup.com/Jenkins-online-meetup/events/270974407/
Feel free to attend and participate.
Thanks and Cheers.