Test Results (Junit) is there an entry method I can use over generating xml?

Michael Carter

Aug 25, 2020, 12:48:08 PM8/25/20
to Jenkins Developers
Basically I have a bunch of SQL statements in my plugin I was going to write to a junit xml file then use a junit post step for uploading... but then thought... Can I some how combine them?

Is there a method I can call that adds Junit Tests cases, that I can call for each sql so I can report the "test" as failed/success based on it's execution?

Or is still the best way to have my command generate an xml file then feed into the junit command?

Ullrich Hafner

Aug 25, 2020, 3:24:40 PM8/25/20
to Jenkins Developers
This should be feasible. Here is the part of the code that fills in the results:

Tim Jacomb

Aug 25, 2020, 5:03:24 PM8/25/20
to Jenkins Developers
There's a very early version of pluggable storage available that you can use with a SQL backend instead of XML

The API may change in incompatible ways, and it's not complete yet.
But might be something to look at

Thanks
Tim

Michael Carter

Aug 25, 2020, 5:38:27 PM8/25/20
to Jenkins Developers
That was easier than I thought.  Thanks.