[GSoC] Code Coverage API Plugin project introduction

Share Cheng

May 14, 2018, 11:58:03 PM5/14/18
to Jenkins Developers

Hi, all

My name is Shenyu Zheng, this year I am participating in Jenkins GSoC as a student. I will be working on the Code Coverage API Plugin. I am very excited that I can work with the Jenkins community on such an interesting project.

For Code Coverage API Plugin, there are a lot of plugins which currently implement code coverage (clover plugin, cobertura plugin, clover php plugin, etc), however, they all are using similar charts and similar content. Instead of having one plugin for each code coverage result it would be best if we could merge them all into one plugin which will handle code coverage.

(You can see more information in our project page on Jenkins website)

Now, this project is during prototype period, and I would really like to hear advice from you so that I can design it better (especially since I am a student and do not have much experience). We have a Gitter chat for this project: https://gitter.im/jenkinsci/code-coverage-api-plugin.

We will have a meeting to show the prototype this Friday at Hangouts-on-Air, so if you are interested in it, you can discuss with us and give me some your valuable advice. Thanks!

The meeting time: 01:00 PM UTC May 18th

Also, we have a weekly meeting at:

  • Every Wednesday, 01:00-02:00 PM UTC

  • Every Friday, 01:00-02:00 PM UTC

Oleg Nenashev

May 15, 2018, 4:42:01 AM5/15/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

Thanks for the introduction Shenyu! Although we are still in the community bonding phase, Shenyu has performed some research and prototyping. There is already a great progress there, so it would be nice to get feedback from other contributors interested in Coverage tooling.

We will have a YouTube broadcast for this meeting. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdbsZ4Z5jIE . If you want to participate in the discussion, please join the project's chat in Gitter. We share the participant link there before the meeting.

Best regards,
Oleg