Date picker plugin

Ariadne Tan-Kristanto

Feb 13, 2018, 5:33:44 AM2/13/18
to Jenkins Developers

Hi all,

I am new to Jenkins and would like to develop/find a date picker plugin. For this plugin, a date parameter should be entered using a JavaScript calendar and the parameter name and date format should be configurable.

So far, the plugins closest to fulfilling the requirements are the Date Parameter Plugin, which allows the parameter name and date format to be configured but has no calendar, and the ftw.datepicker, which has a calendar but is designed for the Plone Content-Management-System (i.e. it seems too specialized). Does anyone know of a more suitable Jenkins plug-in? Or do you think that I should try to contribute to either of the two plugins?

Regards,

Ariadne

Oleg Nenashev

Feb 13, 2018, 7:45:52 AM2/13/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

I would recommend contributing a new feature to the Date Parameter Plugin if possible.
It could have two different parameter types in the same plugin if it is too complicated to extend the existing parameter.

You can always create a new plugin, but in such case it will be difficult to distinguish 2 plugins for end users

Hopefully it helps,
Oleg