Backporting for LTS 2.204.1 started

Oliver Gondža

Nov 22, 2019, 3:18:16 AM11/22/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Oleg Nenashev

Nov 25, 2019, 4:27:22 PM11/25/19
to Jenkins Developers
I went through 2.205 and 2.206 changes and marked JIRA issues which may deserve backporting.

Best regards,
Oleg

Baptiste Mathus

Dec 3, 2019, 9:36:09 AM12/3/19
to Jenkins Developers
Just as heads-up, also because I am not fully sure of the usual practice/process: but I think this is worth mentioning: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-57304 fix was just merged, hence should land in next weekly next Monday or so.

If possible to consider, I think this could be a good candidate maybe. The fix is a one-liner.

I would fully understand we'll wait for .2 for this one to receive more weekly testing to be eligible for an LTS backport.
I just thought I'd mention it given it will not show up in the filter before next week when it's finally marked as Resolved and released.

Cheers

ogondza

Dec 5, 2019, 3:44:55 AM12/5/19
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks Baptiste. But as you said, this will be postponed to .2.

Le lun. 25 nov. 2019 à 22:27, Oleg Nenashev <o.v.n...@gmail.com> a écrit :
I went through 2.205 and 2.206 changes and marked JIRA issues which may deserve backporting.

Best regards,
Oleg

On Friday, November 22, 2019 at 9:18:16 AM UTC+1, ogondza wrote:
Backporting has started and the RC is scheduled for 2019-12-04.

Candidates: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/issues/?filter=12146
Fixed:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%202.204.1-fixed
Rejected:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%202.204.1-rejected
--
oliver

Baptiste Mathus

Dec 5, 2019, 6:15:54 AM12/5/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Ack, thanks.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/f59e383f-9d2f-4d78-ad3a-3c24f3b113cf%40googlegroups.com.

Oleg Nenashev

Dec 14, 2019, 5:51:31 AM12/14/19
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

Just an update here, I got confirmation from Kohsuke that he will be available to cut the 2.204.1 release on Dec 18th as it is planned in the LTS schedule.

We still need to create chanelog and upgrade guidelines for 2.204.1. It is critical due to the potential regressions in JCasC.
https://github.com/jenkinsci/configuration-as-code-plugin#compatibility-with-jenkins--2199 needs to be linked from the changelog and upgrade guidelines.

Best regards,
Oleg
Ack, thanks.

Mark Waite

Dec 14, 2019, 6:58:56 AM12/14/19
to jenkinsci-dev
I'll begin the pull request to capture the changelog and the upgrade guidelines for 2.204.1 today.  It is my highest priority Jenkins task today and will remain my highest priority Jenkins task until the pull request is submitted.

I'll also be testing the 2.204.1 release candidate as part of the creation of the changelog and the upgrade guidelines.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/e0681b93-dacd-4327-b1cb-14ad9a64199b%40googlegroups.com.

--
Thanks!
Mark Waite