Jenkins X status

Rob Davies

Apr 13, 2018, 2:53:09 AM4/13/18
to Jenkins Developers
Whilst the Jenkins X JEP proposal is still under consideration -  I thought it would be worthwhile giving a quick summary of where we stand with the project.
There's actually a great summary of community stats done in a generated blog using jenkins-X but the hlighlights include  integration with Github issues, GitHub Enterprise and Jira. Continued development of BitBucket and Gitea integrations. We have gained 10 new commiiters and 18 new contributors - which is fantastic - but we would love more! Work is being undertaken on integrating Anhttps://github.com/anchorechore for validation of container images in pipelines. Anchore also have a Jenkins plugin.

Rob

Michael Neale

Apr 15, 2018, 8:41:13 PM4/15/18
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks Rob.

Also, https://github.com/jenkins-x/jx/issues has issues, not JIRA for the moment in case you are curious.

Rob Davies

Apr 27, 2018, 11:55:36 AM4/27/18
to Jenkins Developers
We've been pretty busy - but always need more help from the Jenkins community. Here's the latest changes in Jenkins X land: http://jenkins-x.io/news/changes-april-27-2018/

thanks,

Rob

Michael Neale

May 1, 2018, 3:20:29 AM5/1/18
to Jenkins Developers
Is there a way to x-post that to a jenkins.io blog? (even as a PR/somewhat automatically?)

Liam Newman

May 1, 2018, 8:12:36 PM5/1/18
to Jenkins Developers
If you're generating HTML, it seems like you'd be able to generate asciidoc pretty easily.    That would be great.

luca.mi...@gmail.com

May 2, 2018, 2:23:16 AM5/2/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my iPhone

On 13 Apr 2018, at 06:18, Rob Davies <rajd...@gmail.com> wrote:

Whilst the Jenkins X JEP proposal is still under consideration -  I thought it would be worthwhile giving a quick summary of where we stand with the project.
There's actually a great summary of community stats done in a generated blog using jenkins-X but the hlighlights include  integration with Github issues, GitHub Enterprise and Jira. Continued development of BitBucket and Gitea integrations.

Any reason why only commercial Git server products are taken into account for integration? Have you Gerrit anywhere in the roadmap?