NTLM Authentication

Chris Bahonda

Nov 16, 2020, 10:55:36 AM11/16/20
to Jenkins Developers

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know why Jenkins does not consider NTLM authentication on Windows.

Many thanks.

Ivan Fernandez Calvo

Nov 17, 2020, 6:50:30 AM11/17/20
to Jenkins Developers
I guess that it is because nobody has an interest in developing a plugin for NTLM authentication because there are better ways to authenticate against windows, for example, Active directory that has support for authentication and authorization, also NTLM is pretty old and insecure. If after all that you continue thinking to use it you can use an Apache HTTP server in front of Jenkins and configure there the NTLM authentication.

Robert Sandell

Nov 17, 2020, 9:04:41 AM11/17/20
to Jenkins Developer List

Robert Sandell
Senior Software Engineer
CloudBees, Inc.

Twitter: robert_sandell

Chris Bahonda

Nov 18, 2020, 9:02:37 AM11/18/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys,

I am actually referring to NTLMv2, my mistake I wasn't concise enough.

Matt Sicker

Nov 18, 2020, 2:08:47 PM11/18/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
The Kerberos SSO plugin is one generic way. The Active Directory plugin requires an AD server, but it's similar tech. I haven't used it before, but https://plugins.jenkins.io/NegotiateSSO/ is another option.

--
Matt Sicker
Senior Software Engineer, CloudBees