Jenkins plugin does not work when packaged as an hpi

Jayalakshmi Nair

Apr 30, 2020, 4:38:02 AM4/30/20
to Jenkins Developers

Hello,

We have a plugin which extends the Sectioned View and noticed that the builds waiting in the queue are not displayed in Filtered build queue. This was resolved by overriding the getItems() method in our plugin.
The above changes works fine in the development environment (i.e. , running using mvn hpi:run).
But when we install the plugin to any version of Jenkins(packaged as hpi), the above mentioned issue still exist.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Jayalakshmi Nair

Jesse Glick

Apr 30, 2020, 8:47:34 AM4/30/20
to Jenkins Dev
On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 4:38 AM Jayalakshmi Nair
<jayalaksh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a plugin which extends the Sectioned View and noticed that the builds waiting in the queue are not displayed in Filtered build queue. This was resolved by overriding the getItems() method in our plugin.
> The above changes works fine in the development environment (i.e. , running using mvn hpi:run).
> But when we install the plugin to any version of Jenkins(packaged as hpi), the above mentioned issue still exist.

Perhaps the `jenkins.version` in your POM is much older than what you
tried installing it in interactively. Try updating to a recent LTS
baseline.

Jayalakshmi Nair

May 11, 2020, 2:06:27 PM5/11/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I looked into it. The jenkins.version in the pom is the same as the jenkins version to which the hpi is installed.
The problem still persists.