[Jenkins Development Support for IntelliJ IDEA] Release 3.0.0

Denys Digtiar

Mar 16, 2023, 11:38:40 PM3/16/23
to Jenkins Developers
GitHub Release Notes of 3.0.0

Items of note:
* Unused Stapler Facet is removed (#121) @jgreffe
* Add 'since' attribute to the 'attribute' tag of the Stapler tag library (#141) @NotMyFault
* i18n with single-quote exception "Argument rangeInElement (9,25) endOffset must not exceed descriptor text range (38, 62) length (24)" (#127) @jgreffe

Another significant improvement from @jgreffe finally gets a release. There used to be Stapler Facet which was probably added based on the example plugin but was only used as a flag enabling the Jexl Inspection. It is now removed because there was no apparent need for it. If you ever configured it, which is unlikely, the IntelliJ will warn you that it cannot be read anymore, and you can then safely remove it from the modules. You might also notice warnings about JEXL expressions.

Denys Digtiar

Mar 17, 2023, 2:44:37 AM3/17/23
to Jenkins Developers
When I said, "IntelliJ will warn you", what I meant is below. It just popped up for me. I just choose "Yes" and then go to the "Project Structure" and remove the old facet altogether.
2023-03-17-stapler-facet-warning.png

Gavin Mogan

Mar 17, 2023, 1:29:39 PM3/17/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I would recommend putting something in the "showing off" (maybe should be renamed showcase?) category on the forums - https://community.jenkins.io/c/using-jenkins/showing-off/9 - so advocacy group remembers to throw something about this into the next newsletter (https://www.jenkins.io/node/tags/newsletter/)