Adoption of nested-view plugin

Jiri Vanek

Mar 23, 2021, 6:02:32 AM3/23/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I would like to adopt https://plugins.jenkins.io/nested-view/ :

* Link to a plugin you want to adopt
https://github.com/jenkinsci/nested-view-plugin/pulls

* Link(s) to pull requests you want to deliver, if applicable
The plugin currently works fine. I probably need to clarify my intentions with plugin, so you can discard the request if you consider it invalid.
Looking to the reported issues, its rotten a bit. But afaik it is correct. It have its place in ancient environments where most of the requsted features are not used. So I'm not going to fix them, and maybe will close half of them (had alread read through that).
On contrary, I'm, going to keep plugin alive and working in future as we become huge users of this plugin (several thousands generated views). and am going to merge and test the PRs if they do not break comaptibility.

* Your GitHub username/id (e.g. oleg-nenashev for https://github.com/oleg-nenashev/)
judovana , my expereince with jenkins plugins is as follows: https://github.com/search?q=user%3Ajudovana+jenkins (+ fork oftext-finder-plugin) , where some of them are really good, but never found a time to make them fully available to jenkins...

* Your Jenkins infrastructure account id. Create your account if you don’t have one.
judovana

hth,
J.

--
Jiri Vanek
Principal software QE engineer, OpenJDK QE lead, Mgr.

Oleg Nenashev

Mar 23, 2021, 6:46:05 AM3/23/21
to Jenkins Developers
Hello Jiri,

+1 for transferring ownership from me.
The plugin was previously maintained by a Red Hat employee as well. Just in case, would you be interested in setting up a company/team ownership for this plugin?

Best regards,
Oleg

Jiri Vanek

Mar 23, 2021, 8:09:40 AM3/23/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Oleg Nenashev
On 3/23/21 11:46 AM, Oleg Nenashev wrote:
> Hello Jiri,
>
> +1 for transferring ownership from me.
> The plugin was previously maintained by a Red Hat employee as well. Just in case, would you be interested in setting up a company/team ownership for this plugin?

Oh, did not knew that... But I would rather say no, let keep it on my own spave.

Thanx a lot!
J.

> Best regards,
> Oleg
>

> On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 11:02:32 AM UTC+1 jva...@redhat.com wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> I would like to adopt https://plugins.jenkins.io/nested-view/ <https://plugins.jenkins.io/nested-view/> :
>

> * Link to a plugin you want to adopt
> https://github.com/jenkinsci/nested-view-plugin/pulls <https://github.com/jenkinsci/nested-view-plugin/pulls>
>
> * Link(s) to pull requests you want to deliver, if applicable
> The plugin currently works fine. I probably need to clarify my intentions with plugin, so you can discard the request if you consider it invalid.
> Looking to the reported issues, its rotten a bit. But afaik it is correct. It have its place in ancient environments where most of the requsted features are not used. So I'm not going to fix them, and maybe will close half of them (had alread read through that).
> On contrary, I'm, going to keep plugin alive and working in future as we become huge users of this plugin (several thousands generated views). and am going to merge and test the PRs if they do not break comaptibility.
>
> * Your GitHub username/id (e.g. oleg-nenashev for https://github.com/oleg-nenashev/ <https://github.com/oleg-nenashev/>)
> judovana , my expereince with jenkins plugins is as follows: https://github.com/search?q=user%3Ajudovana+jenkins <https://github.com/search?q=user%3Ajudovana+jenkins> (+ fork oftext-finder-plugin) , where some of them are really good, but never found a time to make them fully available to jenkins...
>
> * Your Jenkins infrastructure account id. Create your account if you don’t have one.
> judovana
>

> hth,
> J.
>

> --
> Jiri Vanek
> Principal software QE engineer, OpenJDK QE lead, Mgr.
> Red Hat Czech
> jva...@redhat.com M: +420775390109 <tel:+420%20775%20390%20109>

Oleg Nenashev

Mar 23, 2021, 3:22:17 PM3/23/21
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Jiri,

I will grant the permissions after that.

Best regards,
Oleg

Jiri Vanek

Mar 24, 2021, 5:56:38 AM3/24/21
On 3/23/21 8:22 PM, Oleg Nenashev wrote:
> Hi Jiri,
>
> Could you please create a pull request to https://github.com/jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater/blob/master/permissions/plugin-nested-view.yml ?
> I will grant the permissions after that.

That was interesting template... something.. done!
J.

> [...]
> >
> > * Your Jenkins infrastructure account id. Create your account if you don’t have one.
> > judovana
> >

> > hth,
> > J.
> >

> > --
> > Jiri Vanek
> > Principal software QE engineer, OpenJDK QE lead, Mgr.
> > Red Hat Czech
> > jva...@redhat.com M: +420775390109 <tel:+420%20775%20390%20109> <tel:+420%20775%20390%20109>
> >
> > --

> Jiri Vanek
> Principal software QE engineer, OpenJDK QE lead, Mgr.

Oleg Nenashev

Mar 24, 2021, 1:55:50 PM3/24/21
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Jiri,

I have granted you permissions. Do not hesitate to reach out if you need any reviews or experience issues with the dev tools.
Welcome aboard!

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev