Jenkins Meetups and CIA

Alyssa Tong

Sep 17, 2015, 8:21:03 PM9/17/15
to Jenkins Dev, jenkinsci-users, eve...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
Hi All,

There's an initiative to start Jenkins Area Meetup (JAM) to help local communities stay on top of the latest and greatest Jenkins technology. With over 120,000 active plugins it's important that we continue to educate and inspire others on the use of Jenkins. We want to spread Jenkins far and wide.

We are looking for folks who are interested in starting a JAM or become a Jenkins CIA. In support of this effort, CloudBees has sponsored an initial $75,000 to help communities startup/revive JAMs/CIA programs. If you've already established a Jenkins Meetup, and need help getting your meeting started, I can definitely help here as well, just shoot me an email.

Other ways you can be involved:
  • Sign up to become a speaker - share your war stories and show those battle scars!
  • Be a venue sponsor
  • Suggest a speaker who has a great Jenkins story to share.
  • Share your ideas for what makes JAMs relevant, and useful for the extended community.
Let's join forces to spread Jenkins!!!

thanks,
alyssa

Kanstantsin Shautsou

Sep 18, 2015, 11:39:59 AM9/18/15
to Jenkins Developers, jenkins...@googlegroups.com, eve...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
 120,000 active plugins

/me choked

nicolas de loof

Sep 18, 2015, 11:49:07 AM9/18/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, jenkins...@googlegroups.com, eve...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
s/plugins/installations

 120,000 active plugins

/me choked

Kanstantsin Shautsou

Sep 18, 2015, 12:01:49 PM9/18/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Obviously typo, but who knows :)

Idea of course good, something that i plan to do locally, but without money on existed linux/java/devops meet-ups.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANMVJzmAQLXcFUSvhP4vCSftX_sLgsx7Y%3DNcgENR%2BCZy-CGPuA%40mail.gmail.com.

Alyssa Tong

Sep 18, 2015, 12:51:51 PM9/18/15
to Jenkins Dev
money shouldn't be an issue now. :o)  I can definitely help get the ball rolling.

Did you want to be a speaker at one of the existing meetups (linux/java/devop) or start a Jenkins meetup? Either way I can help.

Kanstantsin Shautsou

Sep 18, 2015, 12:59:09 PM9/18/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Oleg Nenashev
For existed local meetups i have all contacts, but need end some bug fixing work and prepare slides.
For full jenkins event we had some discussions with Oleg Nenashev about some event in Minsk/Belarus or in Russia, but both too busy for further actions… I will keep in mind about new type of group.