Action disappears after restart

Nozim Islamov

Jul 25, 2022, 5:32:58 PM7/25/22
to Jenkins Developers
Hello everyone, hope you guys having a good day, I have a question, I have an action, this action is added during build step, it adds up new action to the build, and after Jenkins restart, all added actions disappear, what could be a solution to keep added actions even after restart?

Gavin Mogan

Jul 25, 2022, 5:34:52 PM7/25/22
to Jenkins Developers
What type of action is it? Something extending a transientaction won't persist.
You shoudn't need to, especially since it'll be done after a build
finishes, but you could call build.save()
How are you confirming the action has disappeared?

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 2:33 PM Nozim Islamov
<mukhammadno...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone, hope you guys having a good day, I have a question, I have an action, this action is added during build step, it adds up new action to the build, and after Jenkins restart, all added actions disappear, what could be a solution to keep added actions even after restart?

Nozim Islamov

Jul 25, 2022, 5:38:16 PM7/25/22
to Jenkins Developers
I see, yeah I use transient Run, probably that might be the issue, thanks!

Jesse Glick

Jul 26, 2022, 12:05:45 PM7/26/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 5:38 PM Nozim Islamov <mukhammadno...@gmail.com> wrote:
I use transient Run

If by that you mean you have a `transient` field of type `Run` in your `RunAction2`, that is normal and correct, not the source of your issues.

In general, for this sort of question it is much more helpful to include a GitHub URL with a small (minimal), self-contained, reproducible example of the problem you face.