Issues releasing new plugin

Pontus Rydin

Sep 30, 2020, 11:20:07 AM9/30/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi fellow Jenkins coders!

I just finished up a plugin for VMware vRealize Automation and got permission to push it to Artifactory. However, I'm getting a 403 error while pushing the POM, but the HPI seems to go through.

I have added the <server> section to my ~/.m2/settings.xml like this: https://gist.github.com/prydin/1f02e01d0599e7b2b8a48dc9cec44a26

But when I run a "mvn release:prepare release:perform", I get the following error: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.8.2:deploy (default-deploy) on project vrealize-automation-8: Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not transfer artifact io.jenkins.plugins:vrealize-automation-8:hpi:1.1 from/to maven.jenkins-ci.org (https://repo.jenkins-ci.org/releases/): Access denied to: https://repo.jenkins-ci.org/releases/io/jenkins/plugins/vrealize-automation-8/1.1/vrealize-automation-8-1.1.hpi, ReasonPhrase: Forbidden. -> [Help 1]

However, looking at the Maven output, it appears that at least some of the files are successfully transfered. Output is here: https://gist.github.com/prydin/b30640cabfa16c32601ca35a4c00e95c

Any ideas?

Regards
Pontus Rydin, VMware