Error publishing plugin

Alberto Bec

Jan 21, 2022, 10:43:59 AM1/21/22
to Jenkins Developers
I'm trying to publish our plugin using the manual method but getting the error "remote: error: GH006: Protected branch update failed for refs/heads/master."

Do I need to do this in a branch then merge that into master? Or am I missing a permission?

Alberto Bec

Jan 21, 2022, 10:45:50 AM1/21/22
to Jenkins Developers
Forgot to include screenshot
Screenshot 2022-01-21 104517.png

Gavin Mogan

Jan 21, 2022, 12:54:56 PM1/21/22
to Jenkins Developers
So that's usually branch protection settings in GitHub. I've personally never found a way to support mvn release and have branch protection enabled.

You could disable the no pushes while you do the release.

I bet there's also a way to tell mvn to use a branch

Alberto Bec

Jan 21, 2022, 4:42:16 PM1/21/22
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks, the "Include administrators" option was set on the rule. Didn't know that was a thing