Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

oliver gondža

ungelesen,
08.06.2015, 16:29:2908.06.15
an jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Daniel Beck

ungelesen,
08.06.2015, 16:32:4508.06.15
an jenkin...@googlegroups.com
It would be great if you could consider JENKINS-27739 despite only being in 1.617. It should be soaked enough just before the end of the backporting window.

Kanstantsin Shautsou

ungelesen,
08.06.2015, 16:52:0208.06.15
an jenkin...@googlegroups.com, m...@beckweb.net
If Daniel has no objections that i propose https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-26964

ogondza

ungelesen,
09.06.2015, 07:24:4709.06.15
an jenkin...@googlegroups.com, m...@beckweb.net
Both backported.

--
oliver

Daniel Beck

ungelesen,
10.06.2015, 11:20:2310.06.15
an jenkin...@googlegroups.com
JENKINS-27289 has a partial fix in PR 1598 that qualifies, but it's not marked Resolved since the fix is apparently incomplete. How should we handle that one?

https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-27289
https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/1598

On 08.06.2015, at 22:29, oliver gondža <ogo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Lior Hasson

ungelesen,
10.06.2015, 11:30:5810.06.15
an jenkin...@googlegroups.com, m...@beckweb.net
Hey,
The related fix can be found here:
https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/issues/1725

Stephen Connolly

ungelesen,
10.06.2015, 13:37:1910.06.15
an jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I think I have three issues that should go in despite not meeting the standard criteria. In two cases the change is small, low risk and I have analysed the change for impact.

The third is a remoting  change I am currently working to get merged... I'd like if it can be included butay be able to have it wait for .3

Sent from my phone

Stephen Connolly

ungelesen,
10.06.2015, 17:10:4310.06.15
an jenkin...@googlegroups.com
My ones are:

JENKINS-28690 (fix merged to trunk)
JENKINS-28840 (expect a fix tomorrow)
JENKINS-28844 (pull request under review)

Of these 28690 and 28840 I view as critical to pick up in 1.609.2 whereas 28844 is a really really really nice to have (pretty please with catnip)

I suspect that we may have to wait with 28844 until the end of the backporting window, but I want to flag it as early as possible

oliver gondža

ungelesen,
16.06.2015, 14:41:5016.06.15
an jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Unfortunately, I have to reject all 4: JENKINS-28690, JENKINS-28840,
JENKINS-28844 and JENKINS-27289. None of them is released by now and the
backporting window should have been closed since 2015-06-10.

Backporting for 1.609.2 is complete, we are ready for the RC.

--
oliver

Daniel Beck

ungelesen,
16.06.2015, 15:10:3716.06.15
an jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On 16.06.2015, at 20:41, oliver gondža <ogo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> None of them is released by now and the backporting window should have been closed since 2015-06-10.

Could you add the end of backporting to your announcements in the future? It would be helpful to know when they're shorter than the usual two weeks. I proposed the qualifying half of JENKINS-27289 on the 10th, less than 48 hours after you announced backporting.

Jesse Glick

ungelesen,
16.06.2015, 16:14:2116.06.15
an Jenkins Dev
On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 2:41 PM, oliver gondža <ogo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have to reject all 4: JENKINS-28690, JENKINS-28840,
> JENKINS-28844 and JENKINS-27289. None of them is released by now

The important part of the JENKINS-27289 was released over a month ago.

Stephen Connolly

ungelesen,
16.06.2015, 16:31:2616.06.15
an jenkin...@googlegroups.com
That is a real shame for 28690 and 28840.

I think it is a greater risk not merging those two than merging them, but I understand your position.

I suspect this may mean a sizeable cohort of users who just cannot upgrade to the 1.609 LTS until .3 but so be it.

ogondza

ungelesen,
16.06.2015, 16:34:0416.06.15
On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 9:10:37 PM UTC+2, Daniel Beck wrote:
Could you add the end of backporting to your announcements in the future? It would be helpful to know when they're shorter than the usual two weeks. I proposed the qualifying half of JENKINS-27289 on the 10th, less than 48 hours after you announced backporting.

I admit, following the cycles is not easy when me and Kohsuke often do not announce/release with strict 2 week cadence. Though, I as understand the model delayed release or announcement does not affects the schedule. Meaning, even if release is not cut exactly on Wednesday (or the backporting is not announced right after the release) the backporting is on anyway and the period will not be extended (unless we agree otherwise on the meeting).

All that said, I will try to get the write access to the calendar so we can track this in an easier to follow way.

--
oliver

ogondza

ungelesen,
16.06.2015, 17:16:2816.06.15
an jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 10:14:21 PM UTC+2, Jesse Glick wrote:
The important part of the JENKINS-27289 was released over a month ago.

Daniel Beck

ungelesen,
06.07.2015, 07:04:3606.07.15
an oliver gondža, jenkin...@googlegroups.com

On 16.06.2015, at 22:31, Stephen Connolly <stephen.al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That is a real shame for 28690 and 28840.
>
> I think it is a greater risk not merging those two than merging them, but I understand your position.
>
> I suspect this may mean a sizeable cohort of users who just cannot upgrade to the 1.609 LTS until .3 but so be it.

Oliver,

it looks like there's still no RC for 1.609.2 (I'll try to poke KK again later today). Since it's been a few weeks, the fixes for the issues requested by Stephen have now been released.

Both JENKINS-28690 and JENKINS-28840 were in 1.618, which is still a little too recent, but they appear to also fix the quite popular JENKINS-28513. Not getting them in will make the next LTS useless for quite a number of users.

Could you take another look at these fixes and reconsider them for 1.609.2?

oliver gondža

ungelesen,
06.07.2015, 13:51:5106.07.15
On Mon, 06 Jul 2015 13:04:31 +0200, Daniel Beck <m...@beckweb.net> wrote:

> it looks like there's still no RC for 1.609.2 (I'll try to poke KK again
> later today). Since it's been a few weeks, the fixes for the issues
> requested by Stephen have now been released.
>
> Both JENKINS-28690 and JENKINS-28840 were in 1.618, which is still a
> little too recent, but they appear to also fix the quite popular
> JENKINS-28513. Not getting them in will make the next LTS useless for
> quite a number of users.
>
> Could you take another look at these fixes and reconsider them for
> 1.609.2?

Yes, I intend to have another look so we can post RC with those candidates
after next meeting.

--
oliver

Daniel Beck

ungelesen,
06.07.2015, 16:28:4106.07.15
an jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Great, I told KK so he'll hold off another two days or so on creating the RC.

ogondza

ungelesen,
08.07.2015, 02:09:3808.07.15
an jenkin...@googlegroups.com, m...@beckweb.net
I have backported the rest: JENKINS-28690, JENKINS-28840, JENKINS-27289, JENKINS-14899 and JENKINS-28926.

--
oliver

Stephen Connolly

ungelesen,