Request to become maintainer

Marco Steffan

Jan 2, 2017, 8:54:33 AM1/2/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, mixal...@users.sf.net

Hi,

I would like become a maintainer - especially for the cppcheck plugin since I would like to extend it to support https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-35096. I've already done the implementation and would like to get some review on it...

Github-ID: marcosteffan

Jenkins-ID: marcosteffan

Best regards,

Marco

Baptiste Mathus

Jan 2, 2017, 9:08:00 AM1/2/17
to Jenkins Developers, mixal...@users.sf.net
Hello,

As the plugin was already marked orphaned, I've gone ahead and made you committer on the GitHub repo and the lead of the JIRA component.
You should have received an invitation and you MUST accept it to be granted the permissions.

Please, start slowly, use PR and request reviews. Also remember we value backwards compatibility *a lot*, so please try to keep it and don't hesitate to request feedback here if you have questions.

Please also remove the adopt-this-plugin label on the wiki page to clarify it's not orphaned anymore.

Thanks and welcome aboard!

-- Baptiste

Ullrich Hafner

Jan 2, 2017, 9:23:29 AM1/2/17
to Jenkins Developers
Just out of curiosity: wouldn’t it make more sense to copy the parser (https://github.com/jenkinsci/cppcheck-plugin/blob/master/src/main/java/com/thalesgroup/hudson/plugins/cppcheck/parser/CppcheckParser.java) to the warnings plug-in? Then the referenced issue (and a lot of more features;-) would be automatically implemented? Or are there any features in the plug-in that are not yet available in the warnings plug-in?

Ulli

marco....@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2017, 11:22:35 AM1/2/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,
I don't have an in-depth view yet on the plugin, but I'll check that.

Marco

Jack Zylkin

Jan 24, 2018, 9:58:48 AM1/24/18
to Jenkins Developers
Marco,

Thank you for volunteering to work on the CppCheck plugin. Do you have any plans to make a new release soon? There is an annoying bug (JENKINS-42727) that recently got fixed in the CppCheck repo, but it has not made it into a release yet.

Thanks,
Jack