Plugin builds on my machine but on Jenkins

Michael Fowler

Oct 29, 2018, 6:00:56 PM10/29/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi All,
 I have opened a PR for the managed build scripts plugin. It builds on my machine but on Jenkins. It fails with:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.jenkins-ci.tools:maven-hpi-plugin:2.6:validate (default-validate) on project managed-scripts: Execution default-validate of goal org.jenkins-ci.tools:maven-hpi-plugin:2.6:validate failed: Unable to load the mojo 'validate' in the plugin 'org.jenkins-ci.tools:maven-hpi-plugin:2.6' due to an API incompatibility: org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException: org/jenkinsci/maven/plugins/hpi/ValidateMojo : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

Can anyone explain the error to me? I tried adding <java.level>8</java.level> to the POm bt that didn't help. Thanks,
-Michael

Baptiste Mathus

Oct 29, 2018, 6:08:14 PM10/29/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
The Jenkinsfile hardcodes the use of JDK7. You want to see with Domi to bump this first. Probably the simplest thing to do is to replace this all with the now usual `buildPlugin()`.

Baptiste Mathus

Oct 29, 2018, 6:08:29 PM10/29/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com