State of Xcode plugin??

Brantone

Sep 6, 2016, 1:37:33 PM9/6/16
to Jenkins Developers
Curious as to the current state of Xcode plugin. Although there was a recent merge last month, there hasn't been a release in almost a year and a list of PRs piling up.
I've attempted to contact current maintainer about helping out, but have not heard word back.
Is there a process for such a situation??
With changes in Jenkins 2.x and Xcode 8, would be a shame for the plugin to get further behind.

Cheers

Liam Newman

Sep 7, 2016, 2:05:40 PM9/7/16
to Jenkins Developers
There is a process for these situation, but when did you contact them?  Maintainers are often busy,

Have you created issues and/or submitted pull requests to fix existing issues?

Brantone

Sep 7, 2016, 2:15:55 PM9/7/16
to Jenkins Developers
Contacting hi was somewhat recently ... and I totally can appreciate maintainer's busy schedules (as I myself are also a maintainer on some plugins) ... some PRs are 4 yrs old, so doubt they're applicable any more, but some would be very useful and have been waiting 8 months.

Arnaud Héritier

Sep 8, 2016, 4:50:45 PM9/8/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

  Sorry for the late response. I probably missed others emails but I always didn't read all my personal emails since my summer holidays :(
  If you are interested to maintain actively the plugin feel free to join the team.
  I may guide you a bit if required.
  I clearly have no enough time to actively maintain it anymore and before all I'm not using it thus even if I'm understanding it code and I may easily merge/review some simple PRs I don't have an environment to do real tests to validate more complex changes.

Best regards

-----
Arnaud Héritier
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Baptiste Mathus

Sep 10, 2016, 10:09:06 AM9/10/16
to Jenkins Developers
So, as Arnaud is (one of) the current maintainer(s), I guess we're done. Next step: grant permissions to Brantone, right?

Your IDs?

Cheers

Arnaud Héritier

Sep 16, 2016, 9:33:13 AM9/16/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Jerome Lacoste
yes :-)

I think Jerome will be agree too

Brantone

Sep 20, 2016, 3:03:22 PM9/20/16
to Jenkins Developers, m...@batmat.net
Bah, for some reason I never got these responses (though did get the first one) ... <grumble grumble> thanks Google ... otherwise would have totally responded much much earlier, apologies.

My Id is: Brantone

(already maintainer on a couple other plugins).

Also, so happy to see 1.4.10 release, time to take a look and play around :)

Thanks!!

On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 10:37:33 AM UTC-7, Brantone wrote:
Curious as to the current state of Xcode plugin. Although there was a recent merge last month, there hasn't been a release in almost a year and a list of PRs piling up.
I've attempted to contact current maintainer about helping out, but have not heard word back.
Is there a process for such a situation??
With changes in Jenkins 2.x and Xcode 8, would be a shame for the plugin to get further behind.

Cheers

Arnaud Héritier
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Arnaud Héritier

Sep 20, 2016, 3:34:54 PM9/20/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, m...@batmat.net
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 9:03 PM, Brantone <bre...@letrabb.com> wrote:
Bah, for some reason I never got these responses (though did get the first one) ... <grumble grumble> thanks Google ... otherwise would have totally responded much much earlier, apologies.

My Id is: Brantone

(already maintainer on a couple other plugins).

I gave you RW access to the repo
When you'll need to do a release you'll have to do a PR on

Also, so happy to see 1.4.10 release, time to take a look and play around :)

Not yet in the update center. I hope I didn't failed. It was released a year ago and the process changed a bit

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/2826a3d3-fd62-4e34-bf63-e6545e9f4201%40googlegroups.com.

Brenton

Sep 20, 2016, 3:43:11 PM9/20/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, m...@batmat.net
Awesome. Thank you.

I could've sworn I saw the update on https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Xcode+Plugin , so hopefully not broken just hitting different cache? (total guess) ... regardless, I'll keep watching for it as it propagates.

Arnaud Héritier

Sep 20, 2016, 3:48:04 PM9/20/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, m...@batmat.net
It's good, Tyler confirmed to me : http://mirrors.jenkins.io/plugins/xcode-plugin/1.4.10/
Just take some time to propagate on confluence, the twitter bot, ...
great

Kazuhide Takahashi

Apr 16, 2018, 4:08:02 AM4/16/18
to Jenkins Developers
Maintainers of 'Jenkins Xcode Plugin' are currently inactive, and reflections of pull requests are delayed, so I am willing to take over their duties.
To do this, you need write access to WiKi pages and git repositories, so please approve this.

2016年9月7日水曜日 2時37分33秒 UTC+9 Brantone:

Arnaud Héritier

Apr 16, 2018, 4:55:35 AM4/16/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kazuhide

  Thanks a lot. Based on the discussion we had on this PR I agree to share the maintainer role.

  Your gitHub Id is kazuhidet I added you as committer

  What is your Jenkins account ID (used for Jira for exemple) ?

  To be able to release the plugin you'll need also to do a PR here

Kazuhide Takahashi

Oleg Nenashev

Apr 17, 2018, 4:45:24 PM4/17/18
to Jenkins Developers
IIUC Mark Waite has granted you the access. Welcome onboard!

BR, Oleg

Mark Waite

Apr 17, 2018, 4:48:54 PM4/17/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Maybe someone else did that?  I don't have permission to grant access.

Mark Waite

Oleg Nenashev

Apr 17, 2018, 4:53:27 PM4/17/18
to Jenkins Developers
Ah yes, it was Arnaud. Sorry

高橋 和秀

Apr 19, 2018, 7:31:07 AM4/19/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for everything.
Jenkins' account ID is registered with kazuhidet.

2018/04/16 17:55、Arnaud Héritier <aher...@gmail.com>のメール:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAFNCU-_dgfhjYkUUGD9cS3vgMSy7xRyagUVZSz9fwcR6NHNfgA%40mail.gmail.com.

Kazuhide Takahashi

Apr 19, 2018, 10:13:37 AM4/19/18
to Jenkins Developers

Thank you for everything. My Jenkins account ID is kazuhidet.

2018年4月19日木曜日 20時31分07秒 UTC+9 Kazuhide Takahashi:

Kazuhide Takahashi

Apr 29, 2018, 10:43:37 PM4/29/18
to Jenkins Developers
I can not access wiki.jenkins.io with my account, I can not edit xcode-plugin information.
someone know the reason for this?
It was possible to access wiki.jenkins.io without problems until about 2 days ago and edit it.

2016年9月7日水曜日 2時37分33秒 UTC+9 Brantone:

Olivier Vernin

Apr 30, 2018, 3:22:43 AM4/30/18
to Jenkins Developers
You should be able to login on wiki.jenkins.io, at least it works for me
Can you confirm that you can connect on https://accounts.jenkins.io and if yes try the same login/password on wiki.jenkins.io

Arnaud Héritier

Apr 30, 2018, 7:53:03 AM4/30/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Kazuhide Takahashi

May 7, 2018, 12:30:19 AM5/7/18
to Jenkins Developers
Some kind of trouble seemed to have occurred on the infrastructure side.
So now we have been able to use it without problems.

2018年4月30日月曜日 20時53分03秒 UTC+9 Arnaud Héritier: