Base64 a string with pipeline?

Michael Carter

Oct 16, 2020, 11:51:38 AM10/16/20
to Jenkins Developers
I've got a bunch of developers all looking to have me approve, what feels like 20 different ways to base64 encode a string.

Is there a common method already approved or a prefered way of doing it in pipeline scripts?

Was thinking of writing a small plugin command just so everyone is on the same page... but thought I'd ask before coding something like that up.

Jesse Glick

Oct 16, 2020, 12:11:13 PM10/16/20
to Jenkins Dev
On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 11:51 AM Michael Carter
<mikeyca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a common method already approved

https://github.com/jenkinsci/script-security-plugin/blob/1db7b8f397ad4eaa6872c026a01b4427c293de03/src/main/resources/org/jenkinsci/plugins/scriptsecurity/sandbox/whitelists/generic-whitelist#L483-L496

As usual, if you see some safe-looking methods not yet in the default
whitelist, just file a patch.

Ivan Fernandez Calvo

Oct 17, 2020, 12:58:31 PM10/17/20
to Jenkins Developers