Hacktoberfest Highlights Blogpost - Send your summaries (and some updates)

Oleg Nenashev

Oct 19, 2019, 3:06:56 PM10/19/19
to JenkinsCI Developers, jenkins-advocacy...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am working on the Hacktoberfest Highlights blogpost, to be shipped early next week. If there are  achievements in your projects you would like to share, please send me summaries in this thread or in PM. I will make sure to get them included into the post.

Also, GitHub Issues with `hacktoberfest` and `good first issue` work extremely well. Average time for them to be picked up is less than 12 hours. If you use GitHub issues in your components, consider creating such issues (code, documentation, whatever).

Meanwhile, some intermediate stats:
  • There are 82 first-time contributors in the Jenkins organization since Hacktoberfest started.
  • There are 195 pull requests which are confirmed to be related to Hacktoberfest (read as "labeled as advised"). The actual number should be much higher
  • There is an almost 100% rise in the documentation pull requests since the Hacktoberfest started. We started Wiki=>GitHub documentation in September
  • GitHub Activity metrics have almost doubled. Note that it includes daniel-beck-bot's PRs :)
If you are interested how we collect data, see this FAQ article.

Best regards,
Oleg

GitHub activity chart:
image.png

Mark Waite

Oct 19, 2019, 3:38:45 PM10/19/19
to Oleg Nenashev, JenkinsCI Developers, jenkins-advocacy...@googlegroups.com
  • Platform labeler plugin Hacktoberfest contributions included:

Thanks!
Mark Waite

Rick

Oct 20, 2019, 10:59:13 PM10/20/19
to Developers Jenkins, Oleg Nenashev, 宣传与推广SIG Jenkins
localization-zh-cn-plugin:
There're two first-contributiors here.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAO49JtESs3zQzPHVDeYWpp_%3DWcDsRavGhtGzSnWPE-DjhfdjOg%40mail.gmail.com.

Oleg Nenashev

Oct 29, 2019, 4:37:19 PM10/29/19
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks!

The final push for Hacktoberfest has been effectively cancelled due to the ongoing CI issues and confusion ot was causing for newcomers. We will still have a blogpost later with all summaries and stats

BR, Oleg