How does the plugins.jenkins.io page work?

MarionD

Sep 4, 2017, 9:39:27 AM9/4/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

My team recently released a plugin and we have a few questions regarding the plugins.jenkins.io page and how to edit it.

1) Is the wiki content supposed to be displayed on this page?
2) If so, is it automatic or is there anything special to do? Currently, our plugin page is not showing much information (https://plugins.jenkins.io/squashtm-publisher) compared to the wiki page (https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Squash4Jenkins+Plugin)
3) Can we choose what to display on this page or is it the complete wiki page?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Marion

Daniel Beck

Sep 4, 2017, 8:11:31 PM9/4/17
to Jenkins Developers

> On 4. Sep 2017, at 15:39, MarionD <mdel...@qualixo.com> wrote:
>
> 1) Is the wiki content supposed to be displayed on this page?

Yes.

> 2) If so, is it automatic or is there anything special to do? Currently, our plugin page is not showing much information (https://plugins.jenkins.io/squashtm-publisher) compared to the wiki page (https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Squash4Jenkins+Plugin)

https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/WEBSITE-378

I think you shouldn't do anything there, just wait for this issue to be resolved.

> 3) Can we choose what to display on this page or is it the complete wiki page?

No, always complete, with these exceptions:

- the table provided by the wiki macro is stripped as the plugin site displays its stats separately
- unsupported wiki features, typically involving JavaScript

Daniel Beck

Sep 4, 2017, 8:30:22 PM9/4/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 5. Sep 2017, at 02:11, Daniel Beck <m...@beckweb.net> wrote:
>
> https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/WEBSITE-378

To clarify, I think it's fixed, but not deployed.

MarionD

Sep 5, 2017, 4:24:16 AM9/5/17
to Jenkins Developers, m...@beckweb.net
Thanks for your answers!