Jenkins 2.222.2 LTS RC testing started

Oliver Gondža

Apr 9, 2020, 6:13:22 AM4/9/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Latest LTS RC was made public and it is ready to be tested. Final
release is scheduled for 2020-04-22.

```
Fixed
-----

JENKINS-61692 Minor 2.229
"HTTP Proxy Configuration" -> "Validate Proxy" crashs immediately with
NullPointerException
regression
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-61692

JENKINS-61688 Critical 2.229
Global build discarders configuration isn't loaded from disk
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-61688

JENKINS-61465 Major 2.226
Make Functions#checkAnyPermission work on objects that aren't
AccessControlled
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-61465

JENKINS-61279 Minor 2.224
Update version number dependency to 1.7
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-61279

JENKINS-60788 Minor 2.224
NullPointerException when hitting Check Now against a custom update center
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-60788

JENKINS-60454 Major 2.223
Jenkins.instance is missing after restart
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-60454
```

Please, report your findings in this thread.

Download bits from
http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war-stable-rc/2.222.2/jenkins.war

Thanks!
--
oliver

Mark Waite

Apr 21, 2020, 6:04:47 PM4/21/20
to Jenkins Developers
I've been running the release candidate in my test environment for over a week with no issues.  Connected agents have included CentOS, Debian, and Ubuntu Linux (local and cloud hosted ssh), Windows 10 (inbound and ssh), Raspbian 10 (ssh), PowerPC running Ubuntu 18, IBM s390x running Ubuntu 18.

No focused testing of the specific changes in the 2.222.2 RC, just typical usage.

Mark Waite