The Jenkins Enhancement Process (JEP) is ready for review

Liam Newman

Nov 3, 2017, 6:23:43 PM11/3/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello all,

I'm pleased to announce the that Jenkins Enhancement Process will be on the agenda for governance meeting this coming week.

While there are still some discussions occurring around some details for the process, the overall structure seems to have stabilized enough for it to be reviewed for Acceptance.

You can review the current state of the proposal in preparation for the meeting: https://github.com/jenkinsci/jep/pull/12 .

Discussion so far:

Thanks,
-Liam Newman

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Nov 3, 2017, 11:44:04 PM11/3/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Kudos to Liam for driving this conversation. I think this is a really important step for us as we continue to grow & mature.

I will be travelling to Asia and I'll miss the governance meeting, but here's my +1 absentee vote.
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

R. Tyler Croy

Nov 6, 2017, 12:05:49 PM11/6/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)

On Sat, 04 Nov 2017, Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> Kudos to Liam for driving this conversation. I think this is a really
> important step for us as we continue to grow & mature.

Agreed, this wouldn't have happened without Liam's diligent gardening while I
was busy fighting fires (figuratively but almost literally).

Please take some time to read JEP-1 entirely before the meeting:
>https://github.com/jenkinsci/jep/tree/jep-1/jep/1#jep-1-jenkins-enhancement-proposal-format>

Probably the most relevant quick bite you can make sure you read would be the
overview:
<https://github.com/jenkinsci/jep/tree/jep-1/jep/1#overview>

See you all Wednesday :)

- R. Tyler Croy

Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>
xmpp: rty...@jabber.org

% gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 1426C7DC3F51E16F
signature.asc

Michael Neale

Nov 6, 2017, 7:57:10 PM11/6/17
to Jenkins Developers
Looks good to me.

Jesse Glick

Nov 7, 2017, 12:06:03 PM11/7/17
to Jenkins Dev
On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 6:23 PM, Liam Newman <bitwi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> there are still some discussions occurring around some details

https://github.com/jenkinsci/jep/pull/29 for example.

Liam Newman

Nov 8, 2017, 4:47:45 PM11/8/17
to Jenkins Developers
JEP-1 has been accepted and is now active.

Thanks everyone!