Jenkins hosted in container is offline

Huanhuan Sun

Sep 21, 2016, 2:36:39 PM9/21/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I tried to set up a Jenkins container. I pulled the official docker image: jenkins and create a container off it. The commands I used:

docker pull jenkins

docker run -d -p 8090:8080 -t jenkins

I could open the Jenkins dashboard at port 8090 but on the dashboard it showed Jenkins is offline. I entered bash of this container:

docker exec -it –user root <container name> bash

and tried to restart it:

                service jenkins restart

The output was it cannot find the command jenkins.

Two questions:

1.       Why is this offline and how to bring it online?

2.       Is containerized Jenkins different from Linux Jenkins? Why I cannot use normal jenkins command like restart/start/stop/status?

Thanks a lot,

Huan

Baptiste Mathus

Sep 21, 2016, 4:08:00 PM9/21/16
to Jenkins Developers
Are you behind a corporate proxy? Can Internet be reached from your machine, and more specifically from that container?

Cheers

Baptiste Mathus

Sep 21, 2016, 4:12:34 PM9/21/16
to Jenkins Developers
Oh, and please, use the users list if you wish to have answers. Thanks

Hung Suen