INFRA project issues migration from Jira to Github

瀏覽次數:29 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Herve Le Meur

未讀,
2022年1月12日 上午8:50:382022/1/12
收件者:Jenkins Developers
Hello!

As some of you might have already noticed, all issues related to the Infrastructure project have been migrated from Jira (https://issues.jenkins.io/projects/INFRA/issues) to Github (https://github.com/jenkins-infra/helpdesk/issues?q=label%3Aimported-jira-issue)

It's almost done, several docs linking to the jira project still have to be updated to point to this Github repository.

You can find more details and the related infra meeting notes here: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/helpdesk/issues/9

Regards,

Hervé

Ullrich Hafner

未讀,
2022年1月12日 下午6:42:532022/1/12
收件者:JenkinsCI Developers
It seems that the reporters (and assignees) of the issues have not been mapped. Is this planned?

Tim Jacomb

未讀,
2022年1月13日 凌晨2:46:252022/1/13
收件者:jenkin...@googlegroups.com
The information was included in the import

All of them have the reporter, and the ones assigned have it in the expanded details section, e.g

GitHub doesn’t let you report as another user, and assignee would require a Jira -> GitHub mapping, which might work for the INFRA project as it’s unlikely to be many people assigned to, but also not very valuable info IMO.

There’s hundreds of old issues to review and likely close which should end up with a much more manageable backlog

Ullrich Hafner

未讀,
2022年1月13日 凌晨3:50:362022/1/13
收件者:JenkinsCI Developers
Am 13.01.2022 um 08:46 schrieb Tim Jacomb <timja...@gmail.com>:

The information was included in the import

All of them have the reporter, and the ones assigned have it in the expanded details section, e.g

GitHub doesn’t let you report as another user,

I see, this is a real drawback of the import. I am using a „reporter" filter quite often in Jira.

and assignee would require a Jira -> GitHub mapping, which might work for the INFRA project as it’s unlikely to be many people assigned to, but also not very valuable info IMO.

I think it is a very valuable information who actually fixed a bug. But since the information is at least visible in the description text at least a workaround is available...

Am 12.01.2022 um 14:50 schrieb 'Herve Le Meur' via Jenkins Developers <jenkin...@googlegroups.com>:

Hello!

As some of you might have already noticed, all issues related to the Infrastructure project have been migrated from Jira (https://issues.jenkins.io/projects/INFRA/issues) to Github (https://github.com/jenkins-infra/helpdesk/issues?q=label%3Aimported-jira-issue)

It's almost done, several docs linking to the jira project still have to be updated to point to this Github repository.

You can find more details and the related infra meeting notes here: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/helpdesk/issues/9

Regards,

Hervé

Herve Le Meur

未讀,
2022年1月13日 凌晨4:45:262022/1/13
On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 9:50 AM Ullrich Hafner <ullrich...@gmail.com> wrote:

Am 13.01.2022 um 08:46 schrieb Tim Jacomb <timja...@gmail.com>:

The information was included in the import

All of them have the reporter, and the ones assigned have it in the expanded details section, e.g

GitHub doesn’t let you report as another user,

I see, this is a real drawback of the import. I am using a „reporter" filter quite often in Jira.

and assignee would require a Jira -> GitHub mapping, which might work for the INFRA project as it’s unlikely to be many people assigned to, but also not very valuable info IMO.

I think it is a very valuable information who actually fixed a bug. But since the information is at least visible in the description text at least a workaround is available...

As you noticed, there is additional information in the issues body in a <details> block, closed by default to avoid clutter.

Tim already said what I was about to respond about the author and assignee possibilities or lack of.

My regret is the fact I've learned about the "notifyUsers=false" Jira REST API parameter too late.

Ullrich Hafner

未讀,
2022年1月13日 清晨5:41:132022/1/13
收件者:JenkinsCI Developers

> My regret is the fact I've learned about the "notifyUsers=false" Jira REST API parameter too late.

Well, I think it is very important to notify reporters that their issues have been moved to a new system.

Daniel Beck

未讀,
2022年1月13日 下午2:21:572022/1/13
On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 11:41 AM Ullrich Hafner <ullrich...@gmail.com> wrote:
Well, I think it is very important to notify reporters that their issues have been moved to a new system.

Once, sure, but 500+ times? 🙃
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄