How to override the plugin version seen by plugin manager area

Michael Carter

Jul 14, 2020, 11:25:30 AM7/14/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hopefully a quick question with a quick answer.

I have this in my pom.xml to override the file name:

        <finalName>${project.artifactId}-${project.version}-${timestamp}</finalName>

How do I get the ${timestamp} added to the version that the plugin manager sees?  I'm assuming it's the Implementation-Version and/or Plugin-Version in the MANIFEST.MF but can't seem to figure out how to manipulate it in the pom.xml

Thanks,
Michael

Jesse Glick

Jul 14, 2020, 12:39:59 PM7/14/20
to Jenkins Dev
On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 11:25 AM Michael Carter
<mikeyca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hopefully a quick question with a quick answer.

Quick answer: you cannot.

Long answer: replace `maven-release-plugin` with something based on
Maven “CI-friendly” versions. Would not recommend it unless there is a
compelling need.

Daniel Beck

Jul 15, 2020, 3:47:10 AM7/15/20
to Jenkins Developers

> On 14. Jul 2020, at 18:39, Jesse Glick <jgl...@cloudbees.com> wrote:
>
> Would not recommend it unless there is a
> compelling need.

Recent releases of Jenkins also show release dates in the plugin manager, the release dates are shown on the plugins site and in tooltips on the archives page, so I would be surprised if there is such a need while following our recommended practices.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this behavior breaks some parts of our automation.