Request to maintain plugin GitHub Pull Request Builder

Hornsby, Peter (CAI - Kent)

Jan 30, 2019, 11:08:14 AM1/30/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Schloss, Michael (CAI - Austin), sam.m...@gmail.com

Hello all!

I would to request that Peter Hornsby (me) and Michael Schloss  become maintainers of the the following plugin:

GitHub Pull Request Builder Plugin

https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/GitHub+pull+request+builder+plugin

Hi there, I don't know if I should report this as actual bug, but as soon as I try to configure the job as described as above, I get a "Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException".

Our GitHub and Jenkins accounts are listed below.

Pete Hornsby

GitHub: phornsby7

Jenkins: phornsby7

Michael Schloss

GitHub: schlossm

Jenkins: schlossm

Thank you in advance and please let me know how me or Michael can help!

-pjh

Peter Hornsby
Lead Technical Architect

10415 Morado Circle Bldg 1 Suite 100

Austin, TX 78759

m: 404.409.9158
email: peter....@coxautoinc.com

Cox Automotive   Cox Automotive   Cox Automotive

"One man's magic is another man's engineering" - Robert Heinlein

Hornsby, Peter (CAI - Kent)

Feb 15, 2019, 10:17:08 AM2/15/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Schloss, Michael (CAI - Austin), sam.m...@gmail.com

Hello All,

I would like to follow up with this request. What are the next steps I should take?

Thanks in advance!

-pjh

Peter Hornsby
Lead Technical Architect

10415 Morado Circle Bldg 1 Suite 100

Austin, TX 78759

m: 404.409.9158
email: peter....@coxautoinc.com

Cox Automotive   Cox Automotive   Cox Automotive

"One man's magic is another man's engineering" - Robert Heinlein

Feb 15, 2019, 7:08:20 PM2/15/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 30. Jan 2019, at 17:02, Hornsby, Peter (CAI - Kent) <Peter....@coxautoinc.com> wrote:
>
> I would to request that Peter Hornsby (me) and Michael Schloss become maintainers of the the following plugin:

Hi Peter,

Looking at https://github.com/jenkinsci/ghprb-plugin it seems to be (somewhat) actively maintained, so please get Björn or another current maintainer to approve your request. It's possible the notice on the wiki is outdated.

Once that's given, please file a PR in https://github.com/jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater/ adding yourself to the plugin's list of maintainers. In the PR, add that you need GitHub commit access too (if so). Ideally this is where existing maintainers confirm the request as well.

Regards
Daniel

Sam Gleske

Apr 20, 2020, 11:48:58 AM4/20/20
to Hornsby, Peter (CAI - Kent), jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Schloss, Michael (CAI - Austin)
Hi Peter,
I generally don't maintain the plugin any longer.  I recommend reaching out to GitHub user bjoernhaeuser who I onboarded a while ago and effectively took over the plugin completely when I stepped away.

If you have no way of reaching bjoernhaeuser other than through GitHub you could try opening a pull request to update pom.xml and discuss with bjoernhaeuser there.  I would take the approach that the pull request is just used for introduction and ask for guidance from them if they're willing to take on co-maintainers or you can be full maintainers if they want to step away.

Ultimately, you'll want to follow https://jenkins.io/doc/developer/plugin-governance/adopt-a-plugin/ and eventually open a pull request to https://github.com/jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater to gain access.

If you don't hear back from bjoernhaeuser for about 30 days then you can assume the plugin is completely abandoned.

Apologies for not seeing this earlier as I haven't been good about checking my personal email lately.

Kind Regards,
Sam Gleske (GitHub samrocketman, jenkinsci sag47)

Antoine Duprat

Apr 21, 2020, 5:08:19 AM4/21/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm interested too in having some rights on this plugin.
I'm actually working on upgrading most of the dependencies, I hope to create a PR soon.

Antoine

Antoine Duprat

Apr 22, 2020, 1:32:21 PM4/22/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Here's my first contribution, if you want to have a look:
https://github.com/jenkinsci/ghprb-plugin/pull/775

Cheers,
Antoine