Limited time to maintain my plugins

Dominik Bartholdi

Nov 27, 2020, 2:14:22 AM11/27/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

After many years as an active maintainer of several plugins (some of which go back to the time when we still talked about the H-word),
i have to be honest to the community (and myself!): I just can’t spend as much time to maintain the plugins as required and as I would love to…
Therefore I have to step back as the main contributor for the following plugins and mark them as open for adoption:

Security Realm by custom script  https://plugins.jenkins.io/script-realm/

There are a couple of other plugins I also created, but these already have new contributors and therefore should be OK as they are.
If you do use one of these, please consider adopting it.

This is actually quite a hard decision for me and took longer then it should have. I really loved the time in this community, I made some great friends and
I often think back about the times we had at FOSDEM, JW and the CodeHouse in SF.

I will still be around, read the ML and might provide fixes if I can (after all I’m still using Jenkins myself and I need to keep it alive :)) - but I think this is fairer to the whole community…

Many thanks!

/Domi (imod)

Andrew Grimberg

Dec 2, 2020, 2:39:11 PM12/2/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Dominik Bartholdi
Greetings folks,

Dominik, sorry to see you don't have the time anymore. That being said,
I would like to step up for maintainer rights on the Config File
Provider listed below:
maintained at: https://github.com/jenkinsci/config-file-provider-plugin

In particular I'm trying to get the following PR out the door:

https://github.com/jenkinsci/config-file-provider-plugin/pull/90

Also, I've looked at the rest of the current PRs and issues and believe
that I can work through the list (hopefully!)

My GitHub ID is 'tykeal' which is also my Jenkins infra id

-Andy-

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Manager Release Engineering

Manuel Ramón León Jiménez

Dec 3, 2020, 3:40:35 AM12/3/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Dominik Bartholdi
Hi Andrew.

It's great to have more people willing to help on this plugin.

Regarding the PR, I suggest you tackle Daniel's concerns. At first glance it seems to be superseding the credentials functionality some way. It has two risks:
1. Maybe we're trying to solve a problem using an approach that requires extensive changes, but it could be resolved looking from a different angle, using already existing features.
2. We may introduce security risks derived from the credential management, something very battle tested on the credentials implementation.

I've not reviewed this PR thoroughly though. My recommendation is to tackle Daniel Beck's concern to be sure we don't regret in the future.

Thank you for your work on this, best regards.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/1880e4cf-4fac-45c6-bf2a-3005d44631e6%40linuxfoundation.org.

Dominik Bartholdi

Dec 3, 2020, 11:42:11 AM12/3/20
to Andrew Grimberg, Jenkins Developers
Many thanks Andrew!
/Domi
> <OpenPGP_0x3360FFB703A9DA1F_and_old_rev.asc>

Oleg Nenashev

Dec 6, 2020, 3:39:18 PM12/6/20
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks Domi for so many years of contribution! It is much appreciated, and it has been always great to work with you and meet at various OSS events. See you in the community :)

Status of https://github.com/jenkinsci/config-file-provider-plugin is not 100% clear to me, because I see that Olivier Lamy has merged a few PRs there in October. I am not sure whether we can consider the plugin abandoned, though I am pretty sure Olivier would be happy to have a co-maintainer there. Would be nice to get his response before transferring the permissions

For the provided list I have already taken ownership of https://github.com/jenkinsci/conditional-buildstep-plugin , because there was a tables-to-divs issue we needed to deliver. I plan to cleanup the pull request queue, release one extra version, and put it for adoption again. Removal of hard Maven plugin version is also on my wishlist...

BR, Oleg

Olivier Lamy

Dec 6, 2020, 6:20:16 PM12/6/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Dominik Bartholdi
Hi
Definitely happy to have someone on this plugin.
I was only doing very low maintenance on it but I’m happy to keep doing it with your help.
Thanks!
Olivier

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/1880e4cf-4fac-45c6-bf2a-3005d44631e6%40linuxfoundation.org.

Andrew Grimberg

Dec 7, 2020, 12:40:24 PM12/7/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Olivier Lamy, Dominik Bartholdi
I'm happy to have a co-maintainer. I haven't worked in Java since
university truth to tell so it's been a stretch just getting my PR up!
Given my job has a strong need of this plugin and will for as long as
we're maintaining Jenkins systems for customers (currently ~24 different
systems under our support) I fully expect to be fully available for
doing maintenance.

-Andy-

On 12/6/20 3:19 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> Hi
> Definitely happy to have someone on this plugin.
> I was only doing very low maintenance on it but I’m happy to keep doing
> it with your help.
> Thanks!
> Olivier
>
> On Thu, 3 Dec 2020 at 5:39 am, Andrew Grimberg
> <agri...@linuxfoundation.org <mailto:agri...@linuxfoundation.org>>
> <http://plugins.jenkins.io/scriptler/>
> <http://plugins.jenkins.io/managed-scripts/>
> <http://plugins.jenkins.io/nodelabelparameter/>
> > <https://plugins.jenkins.io/nodelabelparameter/
> <https://plugins.jenkins.io/nodelabelparameter/>>
> > Run Condition https://plugins.jenkins.io/run-condition/
> <https://plugins.jenkins.io/run-condition/>
> > <https://plugins.jenkins.io/run-condition/
> <https://plugins.jenkins.io/run-condition/>>
> >
> > There are a couple of other plugins I also created, but these already
> > have new contributors and therefore should be OK as they are.
> > If you do use one of these, please consider adopting it.
> >
> > This is actually quite a hard decision for me and took longer then it
> > should have. I really loved the time in this community, I made some
> > great friends and
> > I often think back about the times we had at FOSDEM, JW and the
> > CodeHouse in SF.
> >
> > I will still be around, read the ML and might provide fixes if I
> > can (after all I’m still using Jenkins myself and I need to keep it
> > alive :)) - but I think this is fairer to the whole community…
> >
> > Many thanks!
> >
> > /Domi (imod)
> >
> > --
> <mailto:jenkinsci-dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > <mailto:jenkinsci-de...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:jenkinsci-dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CF749317-030F-4874-83BF-90C94A746269%40fortysix.ch?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CF749317-030F-4874-83BF-90C94A746269%40fortysix.ch?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>
> --
> Andrew J Grimberg
> Manager Release Engineering
> The Linux Foundation

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/1880e4cf-4fac-45c6-bf2a-3005d44631e6%40linuxfoundation.org
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/1880e4cf-4fac-45c6-bf2a-3005d44631e6%40linuxfoundation.org>.
>
> --
> Olivier Lamy
> http://twitter.com/olamy <http://twitter.com/olamy> |
> http://linkedin.com/in/olamy <http://linkedin.com/in/olamy>

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAPoyBqQ1VR96HOzz1KXa8ftZJ1e0eFF923axUbvspBV_LpXvkg%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAPoyBqQ1VR96HOzz1KXa8ftZJ1e0eFF923axUbvspBV_LpXvkg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
OpenPGP_0x3360FFB703A9DA1F_and_old_rev.asc
OpenPGP_signature

Oleg Nenashev

Dec 11, 2020, 6:57:22 AM12/11/20
to JenkinsCI Developers, Olivier Lamy, Dominik Bartholdi
Thanks for the interest Andrew!
With the current repo configuration Olivier can grant you permissions so that you get access to the repo.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/31b9e8b0-e4f3-2758-47ea-c8accc3df2b2%40linuxfoundation.org.