Jenkins 2.204.1 LTS RC testing started

Oliver Gondža

Dec 5, 2019, 9:57:45 AM12/5/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Latest LTS RC was made public and it is ready to be tested. Final
release is scheduled for 2019-12-18.

Please, report your findings in this thread.

Download bits from
http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war-stable-rc/2.204.1/jenkins.war

Thanks!
--
oliver

Mark Waite

Dec 15, 2019, 12:52:38 AM12/15/19
to Jenkins Developers
I've reported https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-60484 against 2.204.1-rc as a regression that needs more investigation.  An organization folder job from Blue Ocean which parsed correctly with Jenkins 2.190.3 no longer parses correctly with Jenkins 2.204.1-rc.

I've also seen another XML parsing issue with the definition of one of my windows agents being unusable while other windows (and non-windows) agent definitions are read and processed correctly.

I'll report more tomorrow or Monday.

Mark Waite

Mark Waite

Dec 16, 2019, 3:51:42 AM12/16/19
to Jenkins Developers
Special thanks to Oleg Nenashev for detecting my mistake.  The issues I was seeing were caused by my mistakes and are not related to anything specific to 2.204.1-rc.

I made a merge error in the definition of a Blue Ocean organization folder and deleted an opening tag in the 'scm' section of a pipeline library definition.  Once that merge error was reverted, the job loads correctly and completely in Jenkins 2.204.1-rc.

The on-disc copy I was using at run-time was different from the copy stored in source control.  Once they were made the same, then Jenkins 2.190.3 showed the same failure.

The second mistake I made was that I had omitted a JCasC agent definition for one of my Windows agents and was mistakenly using an on-disk copy of the agent definition.  The on-disk copy was damaged in some way.  Once I defined the agent in JCasC, the agent ran correctly with Jenkins 2.204.1-rc.

Sorry for the false alarms on both items!

Mark Waite

Baptiste Mathus

Dec 17, 2019, 5:58:44 PM12/17/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Nope, Mark, don't be sorry, THANK YOU.

Better safe than sorry, and you're clearly doing a great job actually checking the RCs.

ogondza

Dec 18, 2019, 12:12:57 PM12/18/19
to Jenkins Developers
Thank you guys very much for keeping the quality bar high! As Baptiste said, better to be alarmed for without defect.

My internal testing have not revered anything. The 2.204.1 can be released today.

--
oliver