cloudfoundry plugin access

Olivier Lamy

Jul 17, 2017, 2:30:25 AM7/17/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
The plugin has not updated for a while.
I and a colleague have some changes to do.
Can I get write access to it?

Olivier Lamy

Jul 20, 2017, 1:55:15 AM7/20/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
ping :-)

Daniel Beck

Jul 20, 2017, 3:28:48 AM7/20/17
to Jenkins Developers

> On 17. Jul 2017, at 08:29, Olivier Lamy <olive...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The plugin has not updated for a while.
> I and a colleague have some changes to do.
> Can I get write access to it?

Please add the current/previous maintainer to this thread to give them an opportunity to respond as per https://jenkins.io/project/governance/#helping-and-taking-over-dormant-plugins

Also, for reference: The repository is at https://github.com/jenkinsci/cloudfoundry (should probably be renamed)

Olivier Lamy

Jul 20, 2017, 7:57:06 AM7/20/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, william...@hpe.com
Add William in the loop.

Hi William :-)
We are currently about maintenance of the cloudfoundry plugin.
Are you still maintaining it?

Olivier Lamy

Jul 20, 2017, 7:58:34 AM7/20/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
fyi I got an email address not found as automatic answer...

Daniel Beck

Jul 20, 2017, 10:27:21 AM7/20/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 20. Jul 2017, at 13:58, Olivier Lamy <olive...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> fyi I got an email address not found as automatic answer...

You could also try the one on his GitHub profile ;-)

https://github.com/WGautier

Olivier Lamy

Jul 20, 2017, 7:56:45 PM7/20/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Sure I will.
 Almost perfect as he really looks to be someone speaking my language :-)
Cheers
Olivier

Olivier Lamy

Jul 20, 2017, 7:58:01 PM7/20/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, william...@fatiguescience.com
Add William in the loop with a new email address :-)

Hi William :-)
We are currently about maintenance of the cloudfoundry plugin.
Are you still maintaining it?

Olivier Lamy

Jul 21, 2017, 7:31:54 PM7/21/17
to William Gautier, jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi William
Thanks to answer.
We don't really need ownership as it's MIT licence [1].
But it's the procedure or "l'usage" :-) to ask the current known maintainer if he is keen to still maintain it.
Perso I'm not really sure to maintain it for long time but ATM I will a bit :-)

Cheers
Olivier

On 22 July 2017 at 07:22, William Gautier <william...@fatiguescience.com> wrote:
Hey Olivier,

I left HPE a few years ago. Since then, the team that would be responsible for maintaining this was acquired by SUSE, but it seems the hpcloud/cloudfoundry-jenkins repository was not transferred to SUSE.
I think this technically still belongs to HPE, but nobody there would care about maintaining it.

I'm not interested in maintaining it anymore, and if there's any way for me to transfer ownership, feel free to take the helm.

Cheers,
William
--
­­­
William Gautier

Olivier Lamy

Jul 25, 2017, 7:16:10 PM7/25/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, William Gautier
So I'm happy to maintain it.
Can I get write access?

Cheers
Olivier

On 22 July 2017 at 09:31, Olivier Lamy <olive...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi William
Thanks to answer.
We don't really need ownership as it's MIT licence [1].
But it's the procedure or "l'usage" :-) to ask the current known maintainer if he is keen to still maintain it.
Perso I'm not really sure to maintain it for long time but ATM I will a bit :-)

Cheers
Olivier

Daniel Beck

Jul 26, 2017, 8:36:08 AM7/26/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, William Gautier

> On 26. Jul 2017, at 01:15, Olivier Lamy <olive...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So I'm happy to maintain it.
> Can I get write access?

Made you a committer (and renamed the repo to be consistent with our naming scheme in the process).

Do you also want the component lead in Jira?

Daniel

Steven Swor

Jul 26, 2017, 7:46:07 PM7/26/17
to Jenkins Developers, william...@fatiguescience.com, m...@beckweb.net
Hi guys, I'm the colleague that Olivier was referring to earlier in this thread. Can I also get write access? My id for both Jenkins and Github is sworisbreathing

Cheers,
Steve

Olivier Lamy

Jul 26, 2017, 9:11:07 PM7/26/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for that!
yes add me as lead.
Cheers
Olivier

Olivier Lamy

Jul 26, 2017, 9:11:50 PM7/26/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
LGTM you push yourself instead of asking me merging your pr :-)