regarding issues publishing new plugin, but publishing works when publishing a snapshot

john rowley

May 22, 2020, 9:15:17 PM5/22/20
to Jenkins Developers

Hello,

I recently went through the process of developing a Jenkins plugin, getting it hosted, getting permissions for publishing to artifactory, etc. Everything was working correctly until I attempted to release the plugin.

I was able to release a snapshot of the plugin, and this worked fine. The artifacts appear to all have been uploaded successfully, to the following URL. https://repo.jenkins-ci.org/snapshots/io/jenkins/plugins/bitbucket-kubernetes-credentials/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/ Upon bumping and attempting to release the plugin I encountered 403 errors from artifactory.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.8.2:deploy (default-deploy) on project bitbucket-kubernetes-credentials: Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not transfer artifact io.jenkins.plugins:bitbucket-kubernetes-credentials:hpi:0.0.3 from/to maven.jenkins-ci.org (https://repo.jenkins-ci.org/releases/): Authorization failed for https://repo.jenkins-ci.org/releases/io/jenkins/plugins/bitbucket-kubernetes-credentials/0.0.3/bitbucket-kubernetes-credentials-0.0.3.hpi 403 Forbidden -> [Help 1]

I did create a pull request and get permissions to release this plugin several hours ago, and I believe that the yaml for the repository-permissions-updater  is correct, firstly because it was looked over during the PR, secondly because I was able to upload to the snapshots path, but not the releases path. https://github.com/robbert229/repository-permissions-updater/blob/master/permissions/plugin-bitbucket-kubernetes-credentials.yml

What are the steps I should take to begin debugging this, and what could I possibly have done wrong?

Thank you

Slide

May 22, 2020, 9:19:03 PM5/22/20
to Jenkins Developer List