Request to be made a maintainer - cucumber-slack-notifier-plugin

Franco Frangipane

Apr 24, 2019, 7:23:50 AM4/24/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

That plugin is no longer working and I tried to contact the maintainer Gareth Evans many times with no success so Alex Earl has suggested me to do request this.

An example of my work is a merge request pending since January while last activity in the repo was 3 years ago.

My details:
Jenkins infrastructure account id: ffrangipane

Thanks,
Franco

James Nord

Apr 26, 2019, 6:01:05 AM4/26/19
to Jenkins Developers
I've contacted Gareth - he didn't see any messages and is currently on holiday and will respond when he gets back.

Regards

/James

Baptiste Mathus

Apr 26, 2019, 7:32:18 AM4/26/19
to Jenkins Developers
There's also a reason why the process explicitly asks for CCing current maintainers.

"I have contacted the previous maintainer(s)" without clear proof for it puts admins in a bad situation.

Please understand that the Jenkins community warmly welcomes and is thankful for new maintainers to step in, but also obviously deeply wants to show due respect to current/past ones by checking they are fine with such requests.

Slide

May 14, 2019, 10:44:23 AM5/14/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Any updates on this?

slide

Jun 12, 2019, 6:31:46 PM6/12/19
to Jenkins Developers
We're almost a month on from my update request...anyone in contact with Gareth? Does he want to continue to maintain the plugin?

On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 7:44:23 AM UTC-7, slide wrote:
Any updates on this?

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 12:23:50 PM UTC+1, Franco Frangipane wrote:
Hi guys,

That plugin is no longer working and I tried to contact the maintainer Gareth Evans many times with no success so Alex Earl has suggested me to do request this.

An example of my work is a merge request pending since January while last activity in the repo was 3 years ago.

My details:
Jenkins infrastructure account id: ffrangipane

Thanks,
Franco

Oleg Nenashev

Oleg Nenashev

Aug 5, 2019, 12:15:15 PM8/5/19
to Jenkins Developers
Basically I agree with Baptiste above. The ownership request process could have been completed in May if there was a proper contributor mention.
I have sent a ping in my company's chat, but formally the 2-week countdown has not started yet :(

Oleg Nenashev

Aug 6, 2019, 10:56:04 AM8/6/19
to Jenkins Developers
Got confirmation from Gareth that he is fine with transferring the ownership.
Sorry for not having a public track for it, but I believe we can proceed in this particular case

Slide

Aug 6, 2019, 11:42:36 AM8/6/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I took care of the GH and JIRA permissions. Thanks Oleg!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/d4586ba3-9290-4fa2-94eb-bf2d8ddaaa22%40googlegroups.com.