How to edit plugin information page on https://plugins.jenkins.io

Tomasz Jurkiewicz

Sep 7, 2017, 10:22:55 AM9/7/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

I searched the mailing list, the docs,
I logged to accounts.jenkins.io, but I can't see a way to edit that.

I might have overlooked that. Can you guide me to the docs that describe it?

--
Tomasz Jurkiewicz

Slide

Sep 7, 2017, 10:28:02 AM9/7/17
to Jenkins Developers
The plugins.jenkins.io site uses the wiki content as the basis for the content for a plugin. So, to update the content on plugins.jenkins.io, you need to edit the wiki page.

Tomasz Jurkiewicz

Sep 7, 2017, 10:33:34 AM9/7/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

I see that indeed there are plugin pages on wiki.jenkins.io, but - how do I set connection between a wiki page and a plugin?
(ie, how the system knows which wiki page belongs to which plugins?)

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 7:22 AM Tomasz Jurkiewicz <jurkiewi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I searched the mailing list, the docs,
I logged to accounts.jenkins.io, but I can't see a way to edit that.

I might have overlooked that. Can you guide me to the docs that describe it?

--
Tomasz Jurkiewicz

Pozdrawiam,
Tomek Jurkiewicz

Slide

Sep 7, 2017, 10:38:10 AM9/7/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Each plugin wiki page has some metadata similar to below:

{jenkins-plugin-info:pluginId=token-macro|src=github}

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 7:33 AM Tomasz Jurkiewicz <jurkiewi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you!

I see that indeed there are plugin pages on wiki.jenkins.io, but - how do I set connection between a wiki page and a plugin?
(ie, how the system knows which wiki page belongs to which plugins?)

The plugins.jenkins.io site uses the wiki content as the basis for the content for a plugin. So, to update the content on plugins.jenkins.io, you need to edit the wiki page.

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 7:22 AM Tomasz Jurkiewicz <jurkiewi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I searched the mailing list, the docs,
I logged to accounts.jenkins.io, but I can't see a way to edit that.

I might have overlooked that. Can you guide me to the docs that describe it?

--
Tomasz Jurkiewicz

Pozdrawiam,
Tomek Jurkiewicz

Daniel Beck

Sep 7, 2017, 12:02:03 PM9/7/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 7. Sep 2017, at 16:33, Tomasz Jurkiewicz <jurkiewi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I see that indeed there are plugin pages on wiki.jenkins.io, but - how do I set connection between a wiki page and a plugin?
> (ie, how the system knows which wiki page belongs to which plugins?)

This uses the <url> in the POM of the latest release -- that needs to point to a wiki page.

Known bug is that wiki.jenkins.io (new domain) isn't recognized yet, only wiki.jenkins-ci.org (old domain) is recognized. Should be fixed with the next deployment.

Daniel Beck

Sep 7, 2017, 12:02:45 PM9/7/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 7. Sep 2017, at 16:37, Slide <slide...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Each plugin wiki page has some metadata similar to below:
>
> {jenkins-plugin-info:pluginId=token-macro|src=github}

For the plugin site, that's just being stripped out.